Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Auris Rear Bumper Refitting Guide Sought!

Mantissa

My mum has an Auris. She had a small bump with a fence recently which didn't damage the rear bumper but while it did it's energy absorption job, 'popped' out of the fitting where it meets the body work aft of the rear wheel.

By pulling the bumper away at the point where it meets the body, I can see 3 lugs which are designed to clip into or hang off something. Underneath the bumper I can see a black plastic assembly which would seem to have the function of retaining the bumper, but there's noting obvious for the bumper clips to attach to.

I was wondering if there was a guide that covered this? I have seen this guide, but that doesn't really provide the detail in this specific area that I am looking for.

Right now, I am not sure if the bracket has the mating parts missing (are they sacrificial in time of impact perhaps?) or if I am just being thick about how it all goes together.

I have tried searching these forums (and the web), so any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance

John

Not quite what you want, but the following topic had a diagram showing some of the parts, etc - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/89808-bumper-repair-advice/?hl=%2Bfitting+%2Brear+%2Bbumper#entry824296

Ooh, that was interesting - the OP had some photos which were tantalisingly close to what I am after, it's just that his focus was elsewhere - I'll try a PM, I think - thanks!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links