Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bumper Repair Advice

BERT_UK

Hi all,

I’m wondering if any of you can assist me?

My Auris was being reversed down a friend’s drive when something snagged into the wheel arch and caught under the rear bumper. As the Auris continued on its journey the immovable object didn’t and tore the rear plastic bumper from its fixings.

(I have attached pictures to help try and explain my situation. Apologies for the poor camera phone quality, I can try and provide better examples if it would help).

I’ve looked at the damage and the bumper has a minor scuff to it but is unbroken. However, the plastic bumper appears to be fixed to the Auris by an “intermediary piece of plastic” screwed to the body of the car. (See picture Bumper2) Where the rear bumper joins the inside wheel arch a screw holds the bumper to this “intermediary piece of plastic”. This screw has been torn from the “intermediary piece of plastic”, thereby damaging the “intermediary piece of plastic” and loosing the screw. (See picture Bumper3 - red circle indicates where screw fixing has been torn off)

The rear bumper appears to clip into the “intermediary piece of plastic” but it is this retaining screw under the wheel arch that holds it all in place. At the moment without this screw the rear bumper flaps loose. (Picture Bumper 1)

Does anyone know if the “intermediary piece of plastic” can be replaced without the purchase of a whole new bumper?

Does the “intermediary piece of plastic” run the whole length of the bumper or are there several strips of it? i.e. would I have to remove the entire bumper?

More importantly does the “intermediary piece of plastic” have a name?

Many thanks for any help and advice.

post-50150-1227179974_thumb.jpg

post-50150-1227180071_thumb.jpg

post-50150-1227180101_thumb.jpg

Why not just call into your nearest Toyota Approved body repair shop.

They will give you free advice and a cost to repair.

The intermediate bumper as you describe it is only a seal, see the picture below

198565882_o.jpg

They cost about £25 and are sided, they dont go the full length

Take a look at OUR WEBSITE to see what can be done with what we call "smart repairs"

Kingo :thumbsup:

How about a Smart repair for this. Lol.

344092038.jpg

You may just get away with fitting a new bumper retainer (black plastic bolted/clipped to bottom of rear quarter)

But if you not confident of doing the job yourself do as parts king suggests and get a free quote from your dealership (they may well suggest a full bumper/retainers/paint +labour so it could be quite expensive.

Mart.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links