Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Guess Toyota Is In My Bones...

MxNRG

I'm a long time Toyota owner who's only just discovered this forum. I guess I should start at the beginning... I passed my test in a barely road worthy 1982 Corolla and my Toyota history since then goes:

1988? Cressida : My Dad owned this, I think it was an import, the first automatic car I ever sat in.

1982 Corolla (driven in the mid '90s) : Driven for 6 months after passing my test. The car was a gift from a relative who didn't need it anymore, it had a top speed of 50mph and the bodywork was rusted to bits. The night before my test it conked out, only to come back to life the next day! I drove it into a bollard on the way home from passing my test and it eventually died 6 months later electrical failure.

2002 Yaris T-Sport 1.5 3 Door : My first new car, kept till 2004. The wife drove it more than I did, they annoyingly released a 5 door version a year after I got this, otherwise I might have kept it longer. The manual gearbox desperately needed a 6 ratio at motorway speed but this car was 10 seconds to 60 and immense fun.

2004 Corolla T-Spirit (54 plate facelift model) : A mistake of the highest order (was fed up of the 3 doors on the Yaris). Kept for only 18 months, most boring drive ever, but very comfortable and reliable. I did do a road trip from London to Glasgow in this, which was smooth and steady.

2009 Aygo Blue 1.0 Manual 5 Door : Bought as a second car for my Dad to use (Kept till 2011). Very hollow and shaky at motorway speeds but great fuel economy (60mpg+) and very good town car. Got this as part of the scrappage scheme by trading in a nearly dead 1997 A-Class Merc my brother gave my Dad. Least depreciation of any new car I've ever bought!

2011 Yaris SR 1.33 CVT auto 5 Door : Replaced the Aygo with this, bought mainly for my Dad but I've used it quite a bit. It's red and the wife named it Roxy, much to my consternation.

2014 Yaris Hybrid Trend CVT auto : Picking up 1st March and can't wait...

Hello Naeem - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

Thanks for the welcome.

FYI my profile pick is the only Decuma Grey Yaris Hybrid piccy I could find. Soon to be replaced with a snap of the real car!

Welcome.....Pull up a chair and make yourself at home :)

Welcome.....Pull up a chair and make yourself at home :)

Thanks!

Got any pics of your Decuma Grey Trend to get me excited about my car? Previous SR is metallic red and I think the grey might be a bit bland, the wife picked grey, I wanted the pearl white but decided it was too cliché!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links