Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Cd Error 1

Sweenbag

Hi,

I just got a 08 auris this week and just noticed that the CD player won't work, just comes up cd error 1 and takes ages "reading disc". I bought a disc cleaner as I thought the laser was dirty but the same happened just "reading disc" and error 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Indicates a problem with the CD or inside the CD player itself. The owners manual advises against using disc cleaners.

Remove the unit and carefully clean the optical reader.

I had the same problem exactly the same problem in fact ... I took the player out (use magnetic sockets or lose the bolts found out the hard way ) cleaned it all very carefully and replaced it making sure all connections were clean and not damaged ... Still no joy went to Toyota they wanted silly money for a new one so got one off eBay ( new ) for £60 inc postage ... Toyota said it has happened to a few they have had in but a refurbished one is £276 plus vat and a brand new one is more than double that plus vat

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links