Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Throttle Response To 'sport' Instead Of 'lazy Lag' Mod

AJW1100

I think my T27 61 plate petrol is great for what I need, thought of changing it but cannot find better.

However there is one thing that I find a little annoying; the throttle response.

When you take your foot off the pedal the engine maintains is rev's for too long (In my view) the return to idle is more of a long sigh / lag than what I would call a normal return as on nearly all cars I have driven over the last 40+ years.

I am wondering if the response can be improved in the engine mapping by the dealer or not as the case maybe. This is not a major issue, more of a personal preference that suits my driving style.

Regards

Alan.

PS. Its a petrol because of low mileage.

Hi Alan,

You tend to find that some Toyotas, it can be any of the models, sometimes have a long time to travel back to idle from being revved even slightly. Iv never heard of a cause but I have seen I many a time. Oh yeah and it is petrol engines that do this. Hope this helps somewhat.

This is standard, it's all to do with the emissions and does hold the throttle a bit. Sadly they cannot be re-mapped

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I wondered if the B'grs in Brussels had a hand in this. Oh well, nothing I can do then.

Pity I cannot use a pair of twin webber 40's on it!!!

Thanks for the comments guy's

Alan.

• 3 months later...

Alan,

In the distant past, I owned a car with twin Webers - DCOE40 s and later another car with twin Dell'Orto DHLA 40 s (very similar to the Weber DCOE 40s).

In each case plenty of scope for adjustment of individual mixture settings without being sure that these adjustments were ever quite "right"...

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links