Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cheekily Need Help Please With New Car

white.akita

hi all, this is my first post and yep im needing help !

today i bought a 2006 avensis d4d and it has a power issue.

it feels like it is in limp mode with no turbo boost at all.

it had the two yellow warning lights on when i bought it, the two at the center bottom of the display.

a friend of mine read the codes several times after erasing them and going for a drive, the only one that kept coming back was p0069 which points to map sensor.

looking through the receipts i got with the car i can see that 1 month ago toyota fitted a new map sensor for £273 !

after erasing the fault codes twice the two yellow warning lights have gone out but the car still has very little power.

my friend seems to think it will probably be the egr valve that needs cleaning so we are going to do that in the morning.

could it be the egr with that fault code ?

any advice please ?

Which engine do you have?

1CD - 5 speed manual, 116bhp, Timing belt

1AD - 6 Speed manual, 126bhp, Timing Chain

according to the v5 its a 2200cc 110kw 148bhp

Ok so you have a 2.2 2AD-FTV 150 bhp engine, now I have only ever seen P0069 once before and it was due to a misplaced plug, basically after some engine work the plug going to the MAP/Turbo pressure sensor ( fitted to the left if the intake manifold as you look into the engine bay ) was switched with a plug going to the PAS pump sensor which is right next to it, the car would start and idle fine but EML was on and when driven the car was flat like turbo was not boosting, swapping the plugs around put the light out and fixed the issue immediately ( took a while to find it though )

• Like 2

thank you very much, i will try swapping the connectors round in the morning.

well. i had a look at them two plugs this morning i went to swap them round but one of them seemed to short to reach to the other connector so i deceided that it was most probably in the correct place.

so i took off the egr valve and cleaned it which made no difference.

i also noticed that the vac pipes were incorrectly connected by some previous monkey working on it.

so i was going to come back in the house and post pics of the vacuum pipe routing on this site to see if it was correct or not.

anyway i thought sod it and i swapped the two electrical connectors over mentioned by devon aygo and yep it pretty much fixed the problem :)

the two warning lights are no longer on the dash and the fault code p0069 no longer comes back so im very happy.

the car now runs alot better but still doesnt seem to have the 150bhp it should have, but overall im happy and thank you devon aygo.

• Like 1

:clap: Result then...don't you just love it when that happens.

yep, talk about a long shot !

Not many long shots with Devon ....... he really does know his stuff. :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links