Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pulling To Left

rushy45

Hi, I have a 1.33 Auris 2009, had a full set of Dunlop tyres fitted couple of weeks ago, it now seems to be pulling to left, take hands off wheel and it goes in quite quick, also noticed when pulling up at lights where there is a decent camber it pulls quite severe as I brake, thought at first I had a puncture, was a bit disappointed when driving home after they were fitted by the noise from them, sounds a bit like you have left a window slightly open, like a fan going. weird.

I'd take it back to where you had the tyres fitted and explain that it is pulling to the left and wasn't before the tyre change.

If they cannot trace the problem, ask them them to change the front tyres left to right. If it then starts pulling to the right, its a defective tyre

Hi, Changed over the front tyres, just the same so it must be the car not the tyres, annoying noise still the same as well, must be the noise these dunlops make as apposed to the ones that were on, will just have to live with it.

Wouldn't be anything silly like directional tyres ??.

How about swopping the wheels/tyres front to rear, both sides, and see what happens? Keep us all posted please.

Regards Mike169

UPDATE.. Jacked rear wheels up and spun them, could hear the brake disks catching, only on part revolution of wheel, thumping the wheel stopped the noise, put the handbrake on and off and the noise was back.. thump and gone again, so it looks like the handbrake cable is not quite fully releasing, was not tdoing it when went in for tyres so wondering if they have snagged my cable with the jack, anyway it looks like this is the problem and not the tyres, will test it proper tomorrow, and get under when weather ok to see if there is any damage to cable.

Hi Mike, seems like you have made an interesting discovery. How about jacking up the car, do the banging bit, DON'T re-apply the handbrake, leave it in gear or chock the wheels or some thing, then once on the ground and washed up take it for a test drive and see how it is............................tie a bit of rag or something around the handbrake lever before driving to remind you not to accidently apply it and see if it pulls at all?

Mike169

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links