Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Our New 1998 Rav. The First 195 Miles

The Mortgage Man

Just driven our £700 Rav4 home from Hull and very happy I am too. Great looking car, metallic green, good nick with tread still on the tyres. I doesn't seem to have any major issues, not that I have had time for a proper look over it. (we bought it sight unseen over the phone).

There are a couple of niggles that I'd like sort out and wonder if anyone can offer some friendly advice.

1. the heater doesn't blow hot air.

2. on rough surfaces it seems that every undulation transmits into the car and everything rattles: is that just the norm?

3. The headlamps seem to have birthday candles in them. A set of Nightbreakers will sort that out.

For a £700 tidy car I don't think that's bad. I would like to sort the heater out though. Any ideas?

Piccies to follow.

PS; I brimmed the petrol tank in Hull. Its done 190 miles and i still have more than a 1/4 tank left. I reckon that's about 33+mpg

EDIT; just been out to the Rav and the needle is nearer 1/2 a tank than 1/4. Well chuffed.

With the headlights, are the lenses yellowed?

See the following topic:- http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/146892-headlight-cleaning/

If you want to get some Osram Nightbreakers, check out Amazon as well as the sites selling bulbs, as I've found Amazon to be cheaper.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links