Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aux Drive Belt

Phil24RN

Hi all, I am planning on changing aux drive belt, is there anything to be aware of before I start?? Like tips or tricks?? My car is an avensis estate tourer 2.0 d-4-d (09-) t27 model

Cheers Phil

Never mind, it's done and it was quite easy, heads up though for this model of car euro car parts don't supply the correct belt, it's too large so look elsewhere,

Cheers Phil

• Like 1

Hi Phil. I don't own the same model so could not assist, plus was out in Dorset.

Regarding Euro Car Part, I bought the belts for my car and one was wrong. Got the correct one after reading the faint label on the old belt. Euro Car Parts catalogue is not always accurate and I to had inform them of the error, which they corrected.

The tip for anybody buying belts for their car is to check with Toyota or go online to belt catalogues like Continental, to confirm the correct belt. If the existing print on the belt is still legible, then use that for cross reference to get the right belt.

Belts have numbers like 5PK 580. The ?PK represents the number of ribs and the 580 is the length in mm.

Another way is to measure the belt run using string and/or tape measure. The string method I would use is to make a loop that can be tightened, then place over the pulleys and tighten. Mark where the to ends meet to get the length. Only works on manual tension systems where the belt has broken and lost. Fiddly but workable.

Sorry it is too late for you Phil, but it may help others in future.

Konrad

• 1 year later...

Hi Phil,

I'm about to do this too. Could you give me a run down of the rough steps involved. Does the engine mount need to come off and engine be jacked up for access, or is it just a case of getting a spanner on the tensionner and then it's a case of scraping your knuckles getting your hands in and out?

Thanks

Gary

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links