Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Carina

tommy

i have been having problems with my 1995 toyota carina since last july(20020. I had it serviced and since then it has been missing, it sounds like its not firing on all cylinders. however this only happens when the car is warm. E.G. it doesnt happen when I start the car cold like in the morning. If I stop the car for approx 10to15 minutes and restart while the engine is still warm the problem above occurs. I have had a new leanburn and new plugs and new leads fitted but the problem is still recurring. I have had some job explaining this to the mechanic and hope i have made myself clear. can anyone help. its a 1600 cc engine and im demented

thank you

tommy

• 2 weeks later...

tommy have you checked map sensor supply pipe for oil contamination?llso check earthing on lambada sensor,hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Pedro

Thank you for your help, I am a real amateur so could you please tell me where is the map sensor supply line. Again thank you very much

tommy

if it's a leanburn engine make sure they are platinum tipped plugs. They were not fitted in my engine and the hot burn mixture destroys them, hence causing missfire. However, if they are new plugs then they will stand it for a while so it wouldn't be those.

Tommy - I have a 1995 Carina E and mine has developed the same problem. Booked into the Toyota dealer. Hope they can sort the problem without too much expense.

If you had the plugs changed then I take it the mileage is about 60k?

If so did you have the cambelt changed? Might be worth getting the valve timing checked?

Thank you to everyone for your help. Unfortunately the advice on being ripped off by my "Toyota Dealer" should have come sooner. Anyway I should have known myself, they fitted new plugs and leads which even I Greenhorn knew wasnt the problem. I think I may now have sorted it with a good mechanic, we believe it to be one of the injectors which is not operating properly. Yes we are pretty certain about this despite the fact that the T Dealer wouldnt even consider it. I will post the result in this forum and thanks for all the help

Tommy

• 5 years later...

My AT192 carina myroad model has a problem in starting.

1. I turn the key to start position

2. the dashboard clock lights are dimming

3. but starter motor does not work

4. starter motor is brand new (got it from Japan)

5. then I put the AC on and start some times it does start that way

6. some times I keep the ignition on for about 1 minute and then start, then also it works

7. I always hear a noise coming from the cubby underneath relays

8. the sound like “ticky ticky” coming from the “circuit opening relay”(black colour small unit)

9. What does it means? What does it do?

10. Do I have to buy that and replace?

Please help me

Little urgent.

Chaminda from Sri Lanka.

0094714747825 chaminda_wanasinghe@wow.lk

post-70985-1230358412_thumb.jpg

post-70985-1230358485_thumb.jpg

My AT192 carina myroad model has a problem in starting.

1. I turn the key to start position

2. the dashboard clock lights are dimming

3. but starter motor does not work

4. starter motor is brand new (got it from Japan)

5. then I put the AC on and start some times it does start that way

6. some times I keep the ignition on for about 1 minute and then start, then also it works

7. I always hear a noise coming from the cubby underneath relays

8. the sound like “ticky ticky” coming from the “circuit opening relay”(black colour small unit)

9. What does it means? What does it do?

10. Do I have to buy that and replace?

Please help me

Little urgent.

Chaminda from Sri Lanka.

0094714747825 chaminda_wanasinghe@wow.lk

Welcome to TOC UK Chaminda

Difficult to diagnose at a distance.................but make sure that ALL of your electrical connections are good and tight........(Starter motor, Battery connections, engine earthing points, Alternator -charging system)

If they are all OK check that your Battery is fully charged and that the Battery terminals are clean and tight and that your alternator is in working order....................also ensure that your alternator drive belt is not slipping and is at the correct tension.

Hope that you manage to get it working :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links