Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

When When Under Heavy Braking

sera_beetle

i have just notice that when when under normal quite heavy braking, my oil warning light comes on(thens goes out once i have stopped)! :wacko:

i have only just nocticed this. i have check my engine oil and it seems to been ok, is it something to do with the auto-box oil?

do i need to worry about this or is it one of those things?

A bit worried :help:

Tim

had this b4 on an old metro I had, sounds like the oil pump is on the way, and when u brake as the engine revs drop the spin on the oil pump drops. When u start the car dont rev it and see how long it takes for the oil light to go off

Check oil level !

Leave car standing for oil to drain into sump, take dipstick out, wipe it, put it back in, pull it out, check level.

If low, top up accordingly.

also when was the last time u changed oil and what oil are u using? whats the milage on ur car?

Check oil level !

Leave car standing for oil to drain into sump, take dipstick out, wipe it, put it back in, pull it out, check level.

If low, top up accordingly.

oil seems to be detonx level (what ever that means past cold and hot)

the oil looks abit red as well hmm

i had the oil changed about 3000miles ago but i have been keeping it topped up. the car done 67,000 miles.

i really hope it not going to cause me problems.

maybe uve got too much oil in it, leave the car standing and check the level in the morning, which oil did u use?

don't know about the service. but i use Castrol GTX.

do you think it could have done some damage? :!Removed!: :!Removed!: :help:

nah not unless uve used it loads, had a bmw 5 series in the other day supposed to have 6.5 litres in it, the guy had about 25 litres in it ... drained it and refilled it and was ok, he only thought it was too much cos it was smoking heavily

nah not unless uve used it loads, had a bmw 5 series in the other day supposed to have 6.5 litres in it, the guy had about 25 litres in it ... drained it and refilled it and was ok, he only thought it was too much cos it was smoking heavily

thanks for your advice mate :thumbsup:

Which dipstick are you checking?

The one to the right of the engine bay towards the front (orange handle usually) - this is the gearbox level and takes Dextron-II automatic transmission fluid (7.2 litres from memory)

The other is to the left of the engine, towards the back near the brake master cylinder (yellow handle) - this is engine dipstick. Castrol GTX or similar is fine - I run mine on synthetic. Takes about 5 litres from memory.

Andrew

Which dipstick are you checking?

The one to the right of the engine bay towards the front (orange handle usually) - this is the gearbox level and takes Dextron-II automatic transmission fluid (7.2 litres from memory)

The other is to the left of the engine, towards the back near the brake master cylinder (yellow handle) - this is engine dipstick. Castrol GTX or similar is fine - I run mine on synthetic. Takes about 5 litres from memory.

Andrew

right i feel like a complete :censor: now thanks andrew for imforming me of which was was the right dipstick (i personally think it's the person behide the wheel).

i have checked the right dipstick and it empty :eek: ( :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: )

how much oil goes into the sera is full synthetic ok (Mobil 1 OW-40) ?

will it get back home (7 miles away) with 1 or 2 litres in it?

do you think this has done any damage? it has only started to come on within a week!

Fingers crossed i haven't 'done my engine over' :eek:

thanks again from a very worried sera owner

tim

think Mobil 1s a bit thin, dont drive it without oil tho, put it in 4 now if u have no other choice, if uve done any damage the 1st sign will be it sounding a bit ruff, but have done it b4 in my old carina and it was fine, but ricks ex screwed his engine i think by running it empty so i dunno,

I would put something cheap in for now, run it for 250 miles or so and then give it a full flush and oil change with a better oil

Hopefully you haven't done any major damage.

Andrew

:D :D :D :D

Put a litre and a bit in a now it's about 8 mm above L and 25 mm below H.

So that should get me home :thumbsup:

What would i do without you guy :group-cuddles: thanks lots

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links