Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Iq Today

Ashtons99

I've introduced myself on the main page but thought I'd just say hello on here. I've just ordered a new IQ2 in chilli red. I will be picking it up later this week as it's one the dealer has on stock. I've swapped from a diesel Smart fortwo.

I am sure I will have a few questions along the way but really looking forward to getting the car.

• Like 1

Hello!

Great choice of IQ!

I too made the move from a Smart after about 10 years owning various ones. I absolutely love the IQ and I really appreciate the quite dramatic improvements over a Smart - never regretted the choice for one moment and I'm now on my second IQ.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Hello and welcome to the club, don't forget to post some pictures when you get him/her home :)

You'll love it. The more you own the IQ the more you'll love it; the turning circle, the small size, the ability to park where you want (though you might be used to that one), the smoothness and the ability to whizz along the motorway at 80 and think you're in a much larger car.

Thanks folks. Hopefully I made the right choice. I wavered at the idea when I heard they were ceasing production but when I looked round at alternatives there is nothing really out there.

• Like 1

Welcome.. is it a CVT or a manual... naaaice color your iQ...

And

Shure...you made the right choice... The Smart is shorter and less wide... But the iQ turns on it's axis...

Parking is a breese and inside it's a fully grown car... :-)

Smart and iQ can not be compared... sooo very different... But both have there own use...

• Like 1

Its a manual. Im not wholly convinced by these "automatic" boxes in small cars. The smart had the softouch system which does the job but sometimes progress is more due to serendipity ! My wife has a citroen with a sensodrive and progress in that is very similar although a little smoother. I love autos in larger engined cars but Ive come to the conclusion that small cars will never really suit any form of non manual system.

• Like 1

ANYWAYS..... the CVT is perfect..and smooothh...

The Smart is dredfull .. that $%^& gearbox is just $*%#@...

ANYWAYS..... the CVT is perfect..and smooothh...

The Smart is dredfull .. that $%^& gearbox is just $*%#@...

I agree. We were pleasantly surprised at how smooth and easy to drive our little 1.0 automatic IQ is.

But there are many different types of automatic and many European manufacturers go for automated manuals such as the Smart. I think those dreadful contraptions along with peoples long memories of BL Allegro automatics (and similar) from the 1970's still muddy the issue. There are some great automatics, but a lot of dreadful ones.

My take on it is as follows. You wouldn't choose an American car as your first choice of an economical car as they have no experience of it, in the same way you wouldn't choose a European automatic. Japan and America make cracking autos and the IQ being a car sold in the Japanese market has to be a cracker. The Smart auto is fobbed off on an unfamilar market and thus carries on the auto prejudices.

• Like 1

I now have both an IQ 2 and a Smart 450 mk7 cabrio. Both are brilliant, the smart is so much better at being a convertible than the IQ and it's handy having an auto box, however, the IQ surpasses in handling, road holding, gear changes, comfort, speed, economy, safety, feeling of safety and more stuff than I can name on here. I'll keep the Smart, but only because it has some uses to me, but the IQ is my day to day choice any time.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links