Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dmf - False Economy To Not Replace Alongside New Clutch?

andymturner

Seeking opinions on the above please. I intend to keep the vehicle for at least a couple more years, so am weighing up the cost:benefit since this is an expensive component. Thanks in advance

Assuming it's not a duff one, the DMF should still outlast the clutch plate components by several changes. With the other bits of the clutch, they are relatively cheap so it's a nobrainer to replace them when changing the plate; The flywheel is usually more expensive so it's not an automatic change.

Only caveat is I'm not sure what the average service life of a DMF is; Normal flywheels almost never get changed until the car's hitting well over 100k miles, usually far more - I reckon the one in my Yaris will last the life of the engine! But because the DMF has moving wearing parts, I suspect they have shorter lifetimes... :unsure:

I've heard lots of conflicting info all the way from a "DMF should be just as durable as an SMF!", down to one guy who changed his DMF every other clutch change! :eek:

How many miles has your car done anyway?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links