Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement Key Needed

ClunkClunkFizz

Looking to sell my daughter's Aygo and she only has one key. I need to find another one and was told by my local locksmith that he can cut one, but his key reader can't read the immobiliser chip.

Do I have to contact a Toyota main dealer for the code or is there another way to do it.

Also, need the remote central locking key as that's the one she lost. Is the only solution paying a fortune direct to Toyota Main Dealer?

Answers are very appreciated.

Thanks.

Probably need to get your Toyota dealer to programme the key - not as simple as just getting a code.

No, I'm near Margate. Thanks.

Instructions

1 First you will need to purchase a blank Toyota transponder key. You can do this from the dealership, a locksmith, or an online source such as eBay. Once you have the key, take the blank key and the master key to a locksmith that he or she can duplicate the key. This will be much cheaper than the dealership.

2 Now that you have the newly cut key and the master key, you can program the Toyota transponder key. Sit in the driver's side of the Toyota vehicle. Press and release the brake and gas pedal simultaneously.

3 Insert the master transponder key. Do not turn it. Push and release the gas pedal 5 times within at least 15 seconds of inserting the master key.

4 Press and release the brake pedal 6 times within 20 seconds of completing step 3, then remove the master transponder key.

5 Insert the newly cut transponder key into the ignition, but do not turn. Press the gas pedal once.

6 Wait up to 2 minutes or whenever the security light on the dashboard turns off. Once the light goes off, remove the new transponder key and press the brake pedal once.

The new transponder key should now be programmed.

Test the key by attempting to start the engine.

If the engine does not start, repeat the steps above.

• Like 1

Sounds great! Let us know how you get on

Thankyou for your reply. I'll see if I can source a blank key.

raistlin could you buy a second hand key off eBay and reprogramme the key with your instructions or will it only work with a new key thats never been programmed before

I've only tried it with a new key, it may work but I don't know for sure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links