Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheels / Winter Tyres For Verso Tr (2011) And Verso Excel (2014)

Mark-Guildford

Hi,

I have a Verso TR (2011), which has the standard 16" alloy wheels which came with it. I also have a set of winter tyres, which I have been using with the same 16" alloy wheels. I don't have separate wheels (alloys or steel) for my winter tyres.

I'm thinking of changing my current Verso for a new 2014 Verso Excel, which comes as standard with 17" alloy wheels. I am trying to work out whether I can somehow continue to use my current winter tyres on a new 2014 Excel Verso, as they have only done about 3,000 miles. I have some questions, which I hope somebody here will be able to answer:

1. Are wheels from the 2011 Verso compatible with the latest "New" Verso? I know they call it "New", but it looks to be more of a cosmetic facelift than a completely new design?

2. The 2014 Excel Verso has 17" wheels. But I see that the other Verso models (eg. Icon) still use 16" wheels. If I get a 2014 Excel Verso which has 17" wheels, is it still OK / safe to put 16" wheels on them?

3. If it's OK to use my current 16" winter tyres on a new Verso Excel, I will need to get some new wheels to put the tyres on (alloys or steel wheels). Does anybody have any recommendations about which type of wheels to get? I found somebody advertising a brand new set of Auris alloy wheels on eBay which they say are compatible with the Verso, but I want to be 100% sure!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Mark

You need to check with your insurance company before using any different size wheel, to see whether or not they will accept the modification.

As an example in the Insurance club, there is a topic dating back to last year, where, someone insured with Toyota Insurance wanted to use 16 inch wheels with winter tyres where the standard spec used 17 inch wheels. Toyota Insurance declined to accept the modification as it was a change to the standard spec for that vehicle.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links