Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Points, Police And Neon Lights....

TheNissanMan

3 months away from beng back on a clean license I managed to get pulled over by a very nice copper using the VASCAR system "you mean it isn't a private road office, oops" doing 90.34mph, so another 3 points...

But, managed to get a close'ish answer to the under car Neon's that everyone has been asking, Yes I asked him about it while sitting in the car after he'd issued me my ticket :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

According to Mr. Police Officer... under neon lights is a shady area, as long as you don't have blue lights and red pointing forward you should be ok, there will be further laws possibly introdued later in the year to clarify but atm it is genberally ok to have undercar lighting.....

Not to clear I know but thats straight from the Horses (tempted to use another animal analogy, but as said he was a genuinely nice cop) mouth.

also.............

if the source of the light is visable then that is an offence.!!

I was told by another horse that its an offence to have any lighting that could distract other drivers . There was a guy with a bmw convertible and he had TV screens in the front headrests so people in back could watch em etc. Looked pretty flashy with his hood down. Anyway cops pulled him over for it saying its illegal as other drivers would stare at the tellys :lol. Same with neons id expect no?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links