Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Fault Code P0141

spaspeckerthedull

torque pro is showing this fault - P0141, O2 sensor heater circuit, bank 1 sensor 2.

I know this sensor is post-cat, and it's probably the heater element gone. I can and have cleared the code using torque pro but it just returns. I know from internet searching and speaking to mechanics at work that it has no effect on engine management, performance or general running of the car. I know the loom can be spliced with a resistor as an easy fix, or failing that just bite the bullet and replace the sensor but I have a question - is this fault code the reason I have no VSC or TCS lights on my dash at startup? my reasoning for this is that I have read you lose these functions when you decat, so presumably fitting a decat means you lose this sensor? is it also the reason my TSC button doesn't work? where exactly is the sensor located as the car had a new lambda sensor fitted prior to my buying it so the fitter might have disturbed summat?

also, to clarify, there are no dashboard lights illuminated that shouldn't be, the car drives fine, I get good MPG and there are no other fault codes stored

opinions please

• 6 years later...

To anyone interested.... 

I have had my corolla tsport from 43k now on 86k, throughout the whole 2 and half years of ownership it has had ‘P0141’ code for heater circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 2. I have had no issues other than and engine light only when the car is started mid way through warming up to the centre normal running on the dial.... 

The lift still pulled strong every gear.

Person I bought it from told me he had tried an aftermarket sensor and didn’t work (understandable O2 sensors can be funny) then about a year into owning it, it would idle funny and when pulling away hesitate slightly I knew something wasn’t right and had the codes read again and nothing new. Happened on and off for a month then disappeared until now. The car is now spluttering, cutting out / bogging in traffic and generally running sh**, another trip to garage now on top of the “P0141” code it now has system too rich bank 1. Was told a new sensor was needed to solve the issue, bought OEM Toyota O2 sensor 2 and fitted to the car, old sensor was pulling 0V and should be around 1V if working, new sensor now working correct but the car is still spluttering and running sh**, garage told me it can take a while to adapt to new sensor which I can understand but still was not convinced... no engine lights however which is good, I decided to take the MAF sensor out and give it a clean as it was minging! Probably down the the     K & N induction kit fitted... anyways after disconnecting the Battery, new sensor, and a clean of the MAF the car is now running sound, Lift even stronger than I remember. 

Hope it helps someone, cos it done my head in for ages!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links