Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Induction Kit

Renton

Hey all,

Does anyone know which induction kit will give me the best power increases for my Celica GT4 95 import.

Ive looked at the Blitz, but for over £200 i wanna know im getting the best deal for my money.

Cheers

i got the blitz one on a gtr,

and its the dogs <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals>.

highly recommended mate

What does an induction kit do.??? :blink:

allows the engine to breathe more easily... also gives you a great sound from your car as well! especially if you got an after market zorst! :drool:

Without a doubt (also coming from experience) the Blitz SUS system sounds the best and filters best but the HKS Superflow is the one for top performance. Its very unobstructive and provides maximum airflow.

Unless you remove your cat and upgrade your exhaust though you are bottlenecking the system.

Get a HKS Superflow, a Aussie Downpipe and a Blitz Nur Spec R/HKS Super Dragger.

Sorted. :thumbsup:

Without a doubt (also coming from experience) the Blitz SUS system sounds the best and filters best but the HKS Superflow is the one for top performance. Its very unobstructive and provides maximum airflow.

Get a HKS Superflow, a Aussie Downpipe and a Blitz Nur Spec R/HKS Super Dragger.

Where does your data come from for this?

The HKS may well be the most unobstuctive, but that also means it will provide the worst filtration, I used to use the HKS intake on my ST205 and was shocked at the state of the intake after removing it for inspection.

I now use the Apexi item on my car.

My data comes from me!

I've tried and tested many induction kits and methods and the HKS worked well for me.

I'll agree with you that the HKS isnt the best as filtration but i dont agree with the claims that the apexi filter is the one for BHP.

The physical design of the thing is the reason. The HKS filter uses larger holes which is obviously also the reason that it lets the most dirt through.

Im thinking that website is a little APEXi friendly :lol:

The best performing induction kit will be the one closest to having no filter there at all, i.e the most unrestrictive thus i think its pretty obvious that the HKS is that one

Its simply physics :thumbsup:

But hey, everyone to their own opinion.

The best system isn't having no filter at all just like the best exhaust is none at all. Don't try it. Having the biggest holes or the biggest pipe doesn't indicate the best. The best filters straighten the air flow instead of just cramming it in. You get more gains from a quality filter that will actually FILTER. The last thing you need is a chunk out of you impeller wheel cos your filter looks like its made from chicken mesh!!

The best system isn't having no filter at all just like the best exhaust is none at all.  Don't try it.  Having the biggest holes or the biggest pipe doesn't indicate the best.  The best filters straighten the air flow instead of just cramming it in.  You get more gains from a quality filter that will actually FILTER.  The last thing you need is a chunk out of you impeller wheel cos your filter looks like its made from chicken mesh!!

Sorry...dont agree with you there.

Almost all the BIG boys that do 10sec or less 1/4miles have little or no filters in place to provide maximum airflow.

Take a look at the HKS Drag Machines Nuff said

But at the end of the day its personal opinion really on what makes a better induction kit......filtration......or air restriction.

Tell you the truth im sick and tired of induction kits and will never again use one as modern panel filters for your air box are really fantastic now. I'll be getting a nice Ram-Air filter from fensport :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links