Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Want A Supra, Help!

AL3X

Hi Guys/gals this is my first post so firstly hi everyone.

Right I'm 20 yrs old and want a Supra, preferably a Twin turbo but i will settle for the non-turbo if i have to. The problem is that even though i am a high earner £8040 a year insurance is still a little too high and that was just on the non turbo :o !

So are there any guys or gals out there that know an insurance company that will insure me for a slightly more sensible price, as i met a guy at the weekend who couldnt have been much older than me and he was driving a 400+ BHP twin Turbo and i'm jealous! As i was dribbleing over his car so much the point of insurance never came into the conversation, not that i could really say how the @~%$ can you afford the insurance anyway!!!!

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated

Cheers

Alex

At 20 your not going to get anywhere near one :(

How many yrs NCB do you have?

I'm 21, nearly 22, have a clean license held for 4 years and 3 yrs NCB, a UK Supra would cost me £860 to insure fully comp but try finding (a good) one for under 10k??

I don't know what a JDM Supra would cost to insure but I imagine a little more than that :) :blink:

My only advise is to try www.confused.com and be patient, good things come to those who wait :D

Dave

Dude check out my 'Help! insurance advice' posting. I'm having problems at 32!!! One idea for you, an apprentice where I work is importing a Nissan 300ZX and has the same problem as you. His dad is insuring the car fully comp and in his own name, the apprentice meanwhile has a Metro and can drive the 300ZX covered 3rd Party only on his Metro insurance. I know its a bit of a fiddle, and not an ideal solution but hey - it's a solution!

Good luck anyways.

• 2 months later...

Heh, insurance is rediculous. I'm a 21 female with a clean record and STILL skyhigh. I don't know how the insurance differs between US and UK. I find it's easier to collect diecast cars. They look great, are fun, and you don't have to pay insurance on them! I have myself a nice collection.

Insurance for supra's is a nightmare mate, i'm 35 and have a very old celica supra the 2.8i version, i struggled for about 3 weeksto even find somebody who knew what i was even trying to insure, Best advise i can give is go to an independant broker and let them get quotes for you. It may cost a couple of quid for them to look for you but its worth it in the long run.

p.s. bearing in mind i'm 35 and have full NCB, never claimed since i was 18 i still pay £530 full comp.

hope this helps mate

There's a coupleof imports arriving in June from MR2 Direct Imports, a company well known and trusted by IMOC. I've just had aquick look and there are a couple around the 10k Mark.

This company is well known for importing good quality cars and if any faults do arise with the vehicle are very quick to resolve them.

Uk spec are cheaper than j-spec to insure, but more to buy.. .

Even for your age the quote is ridiculous... try tesco insurance who have given me the best price on my mk3 TT import (classed as a mkiv TT re:insurance).

In all seriousness though, you may need to wait another year or two.. insurance is high on young drivers for a reason.. you'll just have to make do with less powerful cars until you are in a position to buy one. To be honest, at 20 you dont want to be jumping into a 300hp rear wheel drive car anyway.

Put L9 SUP as the reg and see what that throws up!

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links