Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris D4D Alarm

Aggo

Riiiiiiggghhhtttt........

Here is an odd one, my alarm has been throwing a wobbler for the past week going off either once or twice a day or sometimes 4 times a day, I put this down to either the heat or possibly a cat or something, but I have now come to realise the alarm is defiantly going off at 9.20pm every night! WTF!

I'm completely lost with this one! Any ideas team?

Battery seems fine no other problems, had a good drive today too.....

Radar sensor?

Possibly a radio frequency setting it off - in the same way that key fob transmitters are sometimes blocked. See: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/150767-both-key-remotes-have-stopped-working/?hl=%20key%20%20fobs%20%20stopped%20%20working

Well that might just be it......

There's a neighbour 4 houses down with 3 or 4 masts in his garden.... CB I reckon. I wonder if he's switching them on at 9-9.30pm? I'll knock tomorrow and post the results.

Cheers frosty

I have found that my alarm is incredibly sensitive (i.e. a at jumping on it, or a gust of wind can set it off) I also had this problem at one point and I also thought it was the heat, so i turned off the internal sensor, that seemed to fix the problem (sometimes if set to high the internal sensor picks up air currents apparently)

How do you turn it off bud?

On your map lights you should have a small button that has the car with three small waves coming out of it. If you press it, with the engine off and keys out of the ignition, the red security light will flash 2/3 times a second instead of its usual 1 every 2/3 seconds. this means the internal sensors have been turned off.

Aaaaahhhh ok bud that's what I press for the dogs haha! I thought you meant permanently deactivate ha!

Well, to permanently do it, I suppose if you found where the sensor is you could disconnect it haha

anything shiny in the car? e.g reflective shopping bag, helium birthday balloon or even coins lying around? I've heard of all of these setting off a car alarm before... even a particular model of mobile phone! (I forget what phone).

I'll reccy the car good heads up guys I'm gona try them all but not all at once at see which it was

Well get this I changed nothing since and the alarm hasn't gone off???

You're not the only one Karl - my car has been behaving oddly this week. Went off outside a Post Office for no apparent reason, then again in a Tesco car park yesterday - no idea why ! I was walking away from the car & nobody else close to it when it activated. Weird & very random ......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links