Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Boost And Power Avensis T22 D4D

mokhali

Hi guys.

I have an avensis 2002 d4d. Have done 130k miles on it, been serviced regularly.

Since last week i have this issue with the car where there is no power when i start the car first time in morning but once the car is fully warmed up if i turn it off and than start it again its ok. Some times it takes more than 3 or 4 time restarting for it to be normal and as the days passing its getting worse. I can tell if its ok or not as i m starting the car it takes a longer ignition to start and sounds lumpy and heavy. But when it starts straight away and sounds normal then the power is back. Dont know how better to explain this. My guess is it could be the turbo on its way or the injectors. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mo

First port of call for me will be the EGR valve ?does it need a clean secondly i would be putting some BG244 fuel cleaner through her.

Thanks for the reply Exvec. Yes i cleaned the egr today but no luck. I have been using redex init for some time and usually fill up with Shell v power or bp ultimate. I have it booked in for diagnostic in morning so will see what comes up as the EML has been coming and goin since yesterday.

Will post updates

Agree wth mokhali. Furher to this it could very well be the scv's. I had to replace them at about the same mileage,. Do you lose power above 3000k revs ? Please update after your diagnostics to day and I can let you know where the scv's are available.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links