Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spring Knocking

theWizard

I've read here of cars with uprated springs knocking! Does Eibach springs knock as the set i've just bought has hard plastic wrapped around the first two coils of at least two of the spring, maybe the four of them.

Is this the reason why its there? :bookworm:

Thanks but don't need those!

As i said, some of the coils have already plastic tubing around them so this must be to stop them knocking together, yeh?

erm ? yeah

hey there wizard

i had Eibach springs in two rollas the plastic cover that wraps around the bottom of the springs for the rear is there because when the spring is fitted the first 3 coils sit on each other it must be there to stop ware and rubbing. is that the the pro-kit and are you using it with standard shocks.by the way i did buy the splitfire spring adjusters but never needed them there was no knocking either.

web page given was merely for the description as to what these plastic covers do,obviously some springs dont have it hence the splitfire rings,seeing as your springs had them built in its pretty obvious they didnt knock. :yes:

Yeah its the pro-kit with standard shocks.

Wanted to have it lowered but still with some comfort so staying with the standards!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links