Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Touch & Go

Chris Dance

Glad that you have got the main problem sorted out.

It is good to hear that Mr T dealers will do what they can to help.

Just like Grumpy, this sort of interested help, is the reason I too have, not one, but two Toyotas

• Like 1

It seems that the salesman who sold me the car gave me wrong information

I have yet to be given correct information by any salesman, ever. Whilst I have dealt with many genuinely nice, friendly people who have made the process of buying much less painful than it might have been, they have all been universally hopeless when it came to technical details and specifications. Toyota salesmen were no different. It is good to see that your Sales Manager has resolved the issue, but it seems to me that all they've really done is make up for the incompetence of other members of their team. Or maybe I'm just harsh?

On the subject of incompetence, my Toyota dealer just sent me a letter inviting me to bring my Prius in for the ECU recall... the same ECU recall which they apparently did when it had its MOT done in June.

I may well buy another Toyota, but it will be because I trust their engineering and I like their cars, not because of their dealer network!

Just like Grumpy, this sort of interested help, is the reason I too have, not one, but two Toyotas

You copied me. I have a 2009 gen3 and a 2010 IQ.

Except you got the posh versions. :euro:

It seems that the salesman who sold me the car gave me wrong information

I may well buy another Toyota, but it will be because I trust their engineering and I like their cars, not because of their dealer network!

You've never owned a Citroen then? :)

Jay you are right about salesmen. The salesmen who sold me the car is a very friendly helpful guy. On two things he got things wrong: ie the warranty and the touch & go. I am sure his manager will get him updated after my issues. The Toyota dealerships are the best I have ever dealt with. The very worst was British Leyland. A good friend had major problems with Mercedes. This is my 4th Toyota car and I consider the Prius the best cars I have ever owned. I have owned an Avensis and 3 Prius, my son has the RAV 4 and a 2010 Prius Special Edition. He had a gen 2 Prius which was a great car for his business here and in Europe; it clocked up a high mileage but never let him down even in freeziing conditions in the French Alps. The only thing it required for the Winter use was Winter tyres. I once thought of buying a Citroen a few years ago; although it looked smart and was comfortable on the test drive the build quality in my opinion left a lot to be desired.

You copied me. I have a 2009 gen3 and a 2010 IQ.

Except you got the posh versions. :euro:

Not so posh dear Grump...........2009 IQ/2, and in response to excellent service a 2013 T Spirit

• Like 1

I have, albeit one which wasn't new at the time. It didn't end well. I am presuming your implication is that Citroen dealers are worse than Toyota dealers, which may well be the case. I do remember the Citroen receptionist reading me the list of faults discovered on the car's first service in a tone which could only be described as gleeful. It would probably have been amusing had the size of the bill not temporarily removed my ability to appreciate humour. I stuck to independents after that.

However, it was once again the car itself which determined my decision never to buy French again.

I can appreciate that in Chris's example, the dealership could be said to have done a decent job of addressing concerns raised. It's the idea that this experience would, in itself, be enough to make some people stay loyal to the brand that I don't really get. I interact with the dealership twice a year. I will (and do) put up with all manner of nonsense from them if the car itself is worthwhile, because I interact with that every day. Similarly, if the car's not up to snuff then no amount of friendliness and helpfulness will make me buy another.

It's a balance between the two.

Mrs Cabbie had a Honda before and the dealer service locally was shocking beyond belief, but as everyone knows, Honda make good, reliable cars. So do Toyota and their dealer was much much better. Do they make mistakes? Sure, but it's how they correct them that matters.

And if Dacia had the best dealers in the World, I'd still not purchase anything from them.

I have, albeit one which wasn't new at the time. It didn't end well. I am presuming your implication is that Citroen dealers are worse than Toyota dealers, which may well be the case. I do remember the Citroen receptionist reading me the list of faults discovered on the car's first service in a tone which could only be described as gleeful. It would probably have been amusing had the size of the bill not temporarily removed my ability to appreciate humour. I stuck to independents after that.

However, it was once again the car itself which determined my decision never to buy French again.

I can appreciate that in Chris's example, the dealership could be said to have done a decent job of addressing concerns raised. It's the idea that this experience would, in itself, be enough to make some people stay loyal to the brand that I don't really get. I interact with the dealership twice a year. I will (and do) put up with all manner of nonsense from them if the car itself is worthwhile, because I interact with that every day. Similarly, if the car's not up to snuff then no amount of friendliness and helpfulness will make me buy another.

Thanks for the "It didn't end well" link - I haven't giggled so much in ages.

I have just purchased a new Auris Icon Plus that has Touch2 with Go. The manual talks about requiring a bluetooth mobile phone. Can someone tell me please if this is necessary as i do not own a mobile phone and since a rental costs £15\month to rent one just so the GPS can be used, cancels out the savings made on fuel consumption.

Think you will only need a bluetooth equipped phone if you wish to either access the internet using the Touch2 with Go or access the Real Time Traffic Information.

If you decide you wish to make use of these features, you can buy a pay as you go Smartphone with bluetooth from £40 or so - no need to enter into a rental agreement.

Think you will only need a Bluetooth equipped phone if you wish to either access the internet using the Touch2 with Go or access the Real Time Traffic Information.

If you decide you wish to make use of these features, you can buy a pay as you go Smartphone with Bluetooth from £40 or so - no need to enter into a rental agreement.

Real Time Traffic Information is done through radio waves, just like a normal radio, so doesn't require a data connection. Its only the internet and fuel price searching etc side of things that you won't be able to make use of.

Thanks Mike, also, the blurb talks about mobile network that permits tethering. What does this entail?

Thanks Mike, also, the blurb talks about mobile network that permits tethering. What does this entail?

tethering is the act of enabling a connected device (touch&GO in this case) to connect to the phone and use the phones internet source to connect to the net. This is something that not all phones are capable of doing, and something which network providers can prevent certain users from doing if they wish (some like to charge extra for this ability for example).

If you have a Touch & Go Plus system fitted on your car you can activate the talk switch to carry out different instructions. To phone using the Talk Switch you need to have a compatible blue tooth mobile phone paired to your Touch & Go system. The phone needs to be programmed with numbers you want to call. I am new to the Touch & Go Plus System but I can phone handsfree using the talk switch on the cars steering wheel. I understand you can set the Sat Nav for a paticular destination using the numbers stored in the Touch & Go phone book, I have not tried this yet. You can add phone numbers yourself which then go into the stored phone book of the car.

I have a new Prius T Spirit and the handbook on this subject is not easy to understand. There are videos on the internet which show how to use the Touch & Go system. I have an aged mobile phone by todays standards but it pairs OK with the Touch & Go System on the Prius. It is a Sony Erricson mobile phone.

Hope this helps!!

Most mobile phones will allow internet tethering via wi-fi but not many do it via bluetooth

Think you will only need a Bluetooth equipped phone if you wish to either access the internet using the Touch2 with Go or access the Real Time Traffic Information.

If you decide you wish to make use of these features, you can buy a pay as you go Smartphone with Bluetooth from £40 or so - no need to enter into a rental agreement.

Real Time Traffic Information is done through radio waves, just like a normal radio, so doesn't require a data connection. Its only the internet and fuel price searching etc side of things that you won't be able to make use of.

Touch 2 & go uses TomTom real time and not the TMC network ( over the air free ) which only covers 13% of UK road network TomTom covers 98% but requires a data connection via bluetooth.

• Like 1

I have just purchased a new Auris Icon Plus that has Touch2 with Go. The manual talks about requiring a Bluetooth mobile phone. Can someone tell me please if this is necessary as i do not own a mobile phone and since a rental costs £15\month to rent one just so the GPS can be used, cancels out the savings made on fuel consumption.

You do not need a bluetooth equipped phone to use the GPS navigation functions to navigate, you will however need a bluetooth equipped phone to:

* Make/receive phone calls via the Touch 2 system.

* To stream bluetooth audio via Touch 2.

* Use any of the "online" services such as Real time traffic updates ( supplied by TomTom ) Google street view, Panoramio, Google local search.

* Use any if the installable "apps" such as: weather info, fuel prices, parking and soon to be released Aupeo music streaming.

So this is a feature of the phone not the network?

It's a feature of both. The phone has to be capable of supporting it and the network has to authorise the sim within the phone to allow the phone to do it.

Just like landline phones when caller display first came about. The phone had to be capable of showing caller display to show the number of the calling party, and the service provider had to authorise it as a service available to said line that the caller display phone was connected to.

Touch 2 & go uses TomTom real time and not the TMC network ( over the air free ) which only covers 13% of UK road network TomTom covers 98% but requires a data connection via bluetooth.

Oh interesting, I never knew this.

I'm slightly ignorant in as far as I believe my Pip has touch&go plus which I assume is different to touch 2 & go?

If so do you know if the touch&go plus uses this tom tom real time through my phone data connection which I've setup with it? The traffic announcement through it seems a lot better than the traffic aviodance in my standalone Garmin satnav, just wondering if this is why?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links