Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Tr Heavier Rear Springs.

Grogey

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a heavier set of rear springs that can be legally fitted to an Avensis, with the specific aim of reducing tail end droop when fully laden?

I took a fairly big road trip this summer covering close to 2000 miles with the car well loaded up with 5 passengers, a full boot and another 100kg on the roof, (all within the specified weight limits though).The car, as it should, took the payload in its stride.

It's stance went from its normal tail up to a tail visibly down, but without causing any problems.

My only niggle is a personnel dislike of seeing cars in a tail down stance.

I intend to take future trips of this nature and also will fit a tow bar which will throw another 20 plus kg onto the tail. I may also in future tow a caravan.

I have in the past fitted load assistance springs inside the rear coil springs of a Nissan Patrol, for just this issue. They worked great and were very cost effective. For my Avensis, I thought a straight spring swap would be best, if I decided to do it again.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links