Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

N/a Supra Boosts?

beano

hi all

i have a 1991 3.0L supra non turbo......

don't know much about cars LoL.....but is there any way i can boost my cars performance so it can be more like a turbo charged engine.....wud be gratefull for any replys

thanx

Beano

Are their any modifications to the car already ?

Good place to start is the induction kit and exhaust system, help it clear out it's nostrils and breath a bit bettter :P Will also add a lovelt sound to the car...

if you want the performance of a turbo engine it would probably be easier and cheeper to buy the turbo version. modifying engines can cost thousands and you would still be lucky get get anywhere near the performance a turbo engine puts out

daveyboy B)

call me stupid but whay the !Removed! heck is a sc kit? ok i know im a bit slow lol :blink:

you can add a ram air induction system so the faster you go the more air is forced in!

i'm working on a prototype now that should be availible in a few months and be affordable!

i will place the air snorkel in behind the top opening where it says toyota

it should gain a couple lbs boost @ 60 mph !! (a slingshot effect)

:lol: your right there is sc sounds exspensive and now i know what it means im wondering if you would get any change out of 3gs. so tell me how much all done and dusted??????????????????

daveyboy

• 1 month later...

Hi, my name is Roger and I am an engineering student at New Mexico Tech. I am currently doing research on building an affordable supercharger kit to put on the 7M-GE engine. If you have any information that could assist in my research for this supercharger kit, please contact me. Thanks.

Roger again, my email is sangohan@nmt.edu to contact me. To my knowledge nobody has made a sc for the supra mkiii. Input would be greatly appreciated.

HI,

You won't get anywhere near the performance of a turbo engine, no matter what you do. If you do want enhanced performance and some more noise, then get the ram raid induction kit from Blitz and a stainless performance exhaust again Blitz can help. You can also get remapped ECU's and chip Icons added, but gains wont be very much and cost is pretty steep. Then there are even more complicated things such as cams/pullys etc. Or just go get a 100bhp shot of Nitrous Oxide which will seriously boost performance but cost alot and will need profesional fitting.

Some countrys have forbiden use of nitrous oxide on the road. Here in the UK it depends wether your insurance company will allow cover

check the link

Here in the UK it depends on what county you live in and wether your insurance company will allow cover

You've either been fed a load of Bull ******* or made a typo, It doesn't matter what COUNTY you come from as England has a central Government and any laws are applicable across the whole country not via each county.

LOFL imagine being able to drive your car in Essex and not be able to drive it in Surrey LOL..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm 99% positive that it doesn't matter which COUNTRY (in the UK) you drive in either, as Ireland, Scotland and Wales run all their highway laws through the UK's government, not their own.

LOFL imagine being able to drive your car in Essex and not be able to drive it in Surrey LOL..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm 99% positive that it doesn't matter which COUNTRY (in the UK) you drive in either, as Ireland, Scotland and Wales run all their highway laws through the UK's government, not their own.

There is no law that prohibits the use of N20 injection on road vehicles. My own cars are used on the road, and the local police are aware of my use of nitrous systems, and they confirm that they know of no law that I could be breaking. However you may need to inform your insurance company, depending on the type and wording of the policy. The same applies to ALL types of tuning, these should also be reported to your insurers.

http://www.noswizard.com/faq.php

Should of been more precise

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links