Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

10 Years Late?

cuius

That crossover has been on the cards for 2 years and will be one serious contender when it comes out. Toyota want some of that QQ market, I don't think anyone saw how successful it would be

Given the Nissan Qashqai was first released in 2007, the proposed Toyota C-HR seems a bit late:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/paris-motor-show/toyota-display-new-crossover-concept-paris-motor-show

Wasn't the RAV4 the first crossover before it became bloated and more SUV?

If you look back at the 3 door original from 20 years ago you'll see what I mean. It was based on the Corolla platform apparently, but the RAV4 now isn't a crossover at all.

Nope, whilst it borrowed the Corolla platform, the RAV4 was the first compact SUV it has never been a crossover, but it was considerably smaller

Nissan took a gamble with the Qashqai in 2007, and replaced both the Almera and Primera, which weren't competing effectively in the C and D market segments. No-one knew how the market would react to the Qashqai, and it has done better than expected.

The same year Toyota introduced the Auris.

Suzuki introduced their crossover last year - the S-Cross. Peugeot have the 3008 crossover. Citroen introduced the C4 Cactus this year. So Toyota isn't that late with their crossover.

Most other manufacturers have stayed with the SUV route - Ford (Kuga), VW (Tiguan), GM (Antara), Hyundai (ix35), Kia (Sportage), Skoda (Yeti), etc.

Bandwagon, jumping on.

Nissan have a cracking car with the Quashqai and theJuke but it's their market. Toyota have a cracking range with the hybrid system and could do well expanding it and pushing it a little more.

I can't see this new Toyota crossover being a seller in the same way the GT86 isn't despite being lovely. Toyota, stick with what you're good at and maybe cut your prices a little. Job done :)

Edited by Red Yaris 54
Its a JUKE

Think you will find it will be a Hybrid Crossover, best of both worlds :lol:

• Like 1

A hybrid crossover would sell well as long as Toyota gets the price right.

The likely launch date of 2017 looks like Toyota are not in any rush to get this model to market, so perhaps Toyota see it as a low volume seller, and will price it too high!

A hybrid crossover would sell well as long as Toyota gets the price right.

The likely launch date of 2017 looks like Toyota are not in any rush to get this model to market, so perhaps Toyota see it as a low volume seller, and will price it too high!

lol that sounds like Toyota. Yeah we'll add it to our range but for a price. Sounds like the PIP. I mean, we don't want the dealers to be busy selling too many. Better to sell 1,000 overpriced than sell 5,000 at a reasonable price!!??! :)

I can see what they're aiming for. It does look like a Juke clone too.

I just hope they don't Europeanise it too much and offer that rubbish auto box that seems to be worming its way into Toyotas range.

But if they get it right, I hope the car gets more people into Toyotas.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links