Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Covers For Underside Of Avensis Icon

shuggler

Does anyone know what covers, or do you have an image of the underside covers for the car listed above, I suspect that the last time my car was serviced the sump cover has been left off after the oil change was done, I have seen cars on the motorway with something flapping underneath and I think that this might be the problem.

looks like some lazy mechanic could not be bothered to put it back on, the car is a 2.0, 63 plate diesel, any help welcome folks.

hi there i dont know if your car has the same covers as mine its a 53 plate t2 petrol but the cover has a flap to access the oil filter and sump drain plug so dosent need to come off i know this as mine has fallen off because the screws or fixings to hold it on are rubbish i have tried to find a used 1 from eBay breakers etc but nobody has got one and if you buy new you have to buy complete underside covers they are on eBay but are expensive i just stuck a bit of plastic over mine for the time being cheers

Thanks Dave, Only just discovered this when it was on the ramp checking rear tyre for slow puncture, seen a bit of grass sticking out where it had caught on the edge of the cover had a closer look and it was obvious the bit where the sump is was missing.

Think its time to pay the dealer a visit as I have only had the car a couple of months, no doubt they will come up with some excuse that it could have fell off since I bought it :disgust:

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately these covers are all fitted with those plastic stud fittings which aren't up to the job really. I don't think the mechanics like them either. I think my 2011 is all in one tray that is hinged for access, I ll bet there not cheap either.

Took it back to the dealers SD and got them to fit a new one, as it was supposed to be checked before i bought it, so no charge :cheers:

nice result mate i must say after owning a carina for 7 years that for the next 7 i have owned this avensis i have been very dissapointed with the build quality starting from silver trims on door windows coming off round to the under cover also had trouble with the back offside passenger door and from reading things like your post and others on these great forums it dosent sound like its change much on the newer models (but i suppose some might disagree)anyway hope thats the last of your troubles with the car cheers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links