Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T25 Estate Led Rear Lights

Duggerz

Hi All,

I'm in the process of replacing bulbs with LED as the incandescent ones fail, and no problems with the single filament bulbs such as side lights, headlights or reverse/fog, but the stop and tail LEDs available do not seems to be a drop in replacement because when fitted the tail will not work but the brake will. I read that a resistor may need to be added but I don't see how adding a resistor will turn on a bulb. I do see that one may be needed to dim a bulb or to fool an indicator flasher unit that the bulbs are there.

In the T25 the stop and tail are the regular 21/5W dual filament bulbs which are 2 separate circuits with a common ground, the bulb body. This is the second set of LEDs I've bought that don't work on the tail circuit, so at this point I'm assuming I must be missing something. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful!

Cheers

Ian

Led bulbs only work with the current flowing in one direction. Have you tried reversing the polarity on the one which doesn't work?

Thanks for your response, you're spot on, and I hadn't thought that the polarity would be wrong. Problem is how to reverse the polarity on one circuit when both the stop and tail share a common ground? When I wire up to a test circuit I can get either stop or tail to illuminate just by touching the wire to the appropriate pin while keeping the ground common, and they do both work, so I am at a loss to explain how the Avensis could be wired incorrectly given the common ground needed. Having said that my autoelectrical skills aren't the best!

I had a rethink about this, and checked the connections. Seems that I have a fault there somewhere as wiggling the connector does allow the LED to light intermittently. So the bulbs are fine after all! Thanks for your help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links