Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Loss?

joe67

Toyota avensis, Auto,1.8 petrol, 2003 has a oil problem, keeps loosing a fair bit of engine oil.. oil was low in aug so gave it new filter,oil.. since then its been toped up a few times and now emptied the carton of 5 litres of oil, it was in at the garage the other day and they had to put in half a litre..

Theres no obvious signs of an oil leak and the ground or around the engine bay, any ideas?

edit: i do know in the past its had the wrong grade of oil mixed with other oil before, also its been run with oil below minimum before..

Sounds like it is burning oil then! What color is the exhaust gas? Maybe blue? Never a good idea to let the engine oil drop below min! Always check the oil at least 1 a week.

its a vvti it will be most likely be burning it, Either keep it on a cheap supply of oil, or get a engine from a 2005+.

Just type vvti oil, this topic has been covered many of times. I have uploaded a pdf for you.

gen7_oil_consumption.pdf

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links