Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr180 Engine Change

simey27

Well today I took my 08 plate SR180 into Toyota for its MOT and service. I then got the phone call of doom ! They have advised me that my engine needs to be swapped out as it is suffering from a water leak and over consumption of oil. After a phone conversation with the service manager I am getting a new engine under the 7 year warranty program. Vantage Toyota in Blackburn has come to the rescue and my SR180 lives on

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Out of interest, what mileage was the car up to?

Hi

My car has done 65000 miles

That`s not much mileage for a Toyota engine to have a problem - Wonder what causes this to happen, Least they are sorting it out for you.

Hi

That`s not much mileage for a Toyota engine to have a problem - Wonder what causes this to happen, Least they are sorting it out for you.

See http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/132178-charliefarlies-guide-to-the-toyota-2ad-diesel-engine-and-its-issues/

Hi

Oh dear - the same car as mine, same year as mine, same mileage as mine ...... Eeeeeeek ! :eek:

I'm so glad that Vantage Toyota in Blackburn picked it up on the service. It has defo paid to go to my main dealer to maintain my service history

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more Simon - one of the reasons I chose to keep mine Toyota serviced too. I just hope mine won't need the engine change !

I'm just hoping it's sorted and I get the power and good MPG that everybody else who has this fine seems to get

Couldn't agree more Simon - one of the reasons I chose to keep mine Toyota serviced too. I just hope mine won't need the engine change !

Uncle Buck, i think you may be missing the point. Toyota have a problem with a batch of engines and it causes water to be blown out of the expansion bottle and excessive oil consumption. As long as the car is less than 7 years old Toyota fit a new engine under warranty, that means at no cost to you so in some ways you want your car to need a new engine. Why not contact your local Toyota service dep't and chat with them about it, i think you may be pleasantly surprised!

Mike.

Not missing any point here Michael - I'm well aware of the issue as I've been a member here for 3 years. My engine isn't showing any signs of the dreaded blown gasket problem yet, I was just hoping that it continues in that fashion as Simon's car is so similar. I don't want a replacement engine if it isn't needed & Toyota wouldn't fit one either. But I still maintain that to have any Toyota goodwill in a warranty case, you really want a full dealer service history. That probably goes for all manufacturers ....

Yes I agree with Uncle Buck on this. I think if i had taken my car to the local garage this issue would have been missed. And then that could have lead to a more serious failure

I really do not need the hassle of not having my own car for the week and even though Toyota have given me a car to use, it's not my car that I love to drive

Simon

Update

I've got my car back and all is well. The engine seems a bit tight and I'm driving it like Miss Daisy so I don't over Rev it. MPG is already in the 41 range so this can only get better

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links