Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heater Blowing Cold Air!

geoweb2k14

Lads toyota might have been the best but what car is now a days i'v had major head gasket trouble twice and swore I would get rid of it but it's lasting well so far the heater problem is a nightmare as it could cost you a lot of money if you don't get the right diagnosis, I went to Mr T as I said and the started throwing crazy figures at me, also they don't do refunds for electrical parts so be cautious, best get someone who knows their stuff and then work from there

Hi Exvec

your right that was my problem here is a link that might help someone in the future

disconnected mine and reconnected it after a fen days and it's working for now, heat again :) thanks for the info appreciate it

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/270-4th-generation-2003-2009/358541-grinding-clicking-under-dash-air-mix-servo.html#/forumsite/20543/topics/358541

Where is that servo on the mark 1?

The 2002 D4D we have is blowing cold and it's !Removed! cold outside!

Right lads here is my update!! A toyota mechanic asked me what work I had done to the car just before the heating went. I told him I had taken off the egr and cleaned it plus cleaned throttle body. I told him I had lost a quantity of coolant from both areas, cleaned them and once they were back on I topped up the coolant. "OK he said you have a stubborn air lock". He took the car as possible off the coolant bottle, topped it up to the top with water, Started the car and kept the revs up to 3000 and turned the heater on full. When the fan cut in to cool down the engine he released the accelerator and put the cap back on the bottle. Hey presto! air lock gone and heating working better than ever.. Hope this helps someone.....

• Like 1

Thanks for the follow up GEO.

I will see if this is the problem with mine, at the weekend

a few questions George.

'He took the car as possible off the coolant bottle' what does this mean.

did he jack the front end up when doing this?

did he move the coolant bottle higher or did it stay in its home.

'turned the heater on full'

did he just put it to hot setting or where they blowing on the full too?

when he was revving at 3,000 was the filler cap off? ( i am just a bit worried about coolant splashing out everywhere)

did he take the little bleed screw off too?

please let me know so I can get mine sorted...thanks

That should have read " he took the cap off the coolant bottle"... He took the cap off, topped the coolant bottle(bottle in original position) up to the top with pure water and LEFT the cap off, Started the car and had me rev it up to 3000 revs until he told me to ease off( when the fan cut in). He had turned the heater up to its hottest and blower also on full power. I had heat within 2-3 minutes. He said although the coolant looked full, the coolant system wasn't as it was a big air lock that made me think it was. It's working fine now as I've just driven to shop and I'm feeling heat as soon as the engine starts to heat up. He didn't jack up the car either or take the bleed screw. No displacement of coolant with cap off either. Hope this is clearer.

George thank you very much, I will update when I have done, hopefully this will help others too.

roughly how long did it take for the fans to kick in?

That's great news what an easy fix deffo worth a try, happy and toasty driving

I had been driving my car so engine was up to heat but from standing it took only 2_3 minutes.

Yes nuksoocow nice toasty feet now on these cold morning. No more teeth chattering

@ avensisd4d... My engine was up to heat as I had driven it but from standing it took about 2-3 minutes, could vary I suppose on different cars...

• Like 1

Hi Exvec

your right that was my problem here is a link that might help someone in the future

disconnected mine and reconnected it after a fen days and it's working for now, heat again :) thanks for the info appreciate it

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/270-4th-generation-2003-2009/358541-grinding-clicking-under-dash-air-mix-servo.html#/forumsite/20543/topics/358541

Where is that servo on the mark 1?

The 2002 D4D we have is blowing cold and it's !Removed! cold outside!

Anyone lads? I've a breaking waiting for me to tell him where the part is.

Please & Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Well lads did anyone else get their heating sorted like I did? Curious to find out!!

Yea mine is still blowing hot air thank god I have a feeling it will go again which means I might have to replace the servo motor on drivers side, but for now ill leave good enough alone.

• Like 1

I haven't had time to try GEO's fix yet.

Will do it Saturday and report back :)

• Like 1

Just to follow up, GEO's fix appears to have worked for me also.

Thanks GEO :driving:

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up, my heater wasn't functioning again after a few days of the fix, but now it seems back to normal!

Good to hear.....mine is fine now but there was about 5 days where it was like the missus hot one minute, cold the next :D

• Like 1

:-)) they can be temperamental alright =D>

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links