Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Problems?

JayUK

Hey all,

I've just bought a used 2008 RAV4 and loving it so far but have a query.

Just tried putting a CD in and couldn't get it to work. I might be doing something stupid, but when I press load nothing happens (no green lights).

Any ideas?

What's on the display when you select DISC - are any of the 6 CD slots shown on the display? What happens when you press the eject button?

Nothing happens when I press the DISC button, however when I press the eject button it just says "No Disc".

Thinking maybe the button is dead? Is there any other way to get it to disc mode? The mode button on the steering wheel just changes from FM to AM.

The steering wheel button should cycle to disc. Unless it's something simple like a foreign object or a stuck CD - then I don't know. If you get no joy with advice etc - SVT in Edinburgh do a repair service by mail. http://www.svtservices.co.uk

Thanks, do you know of anyone in the South-West?

The steering wheel definitely doesn't cycle to CD and the CD button doesn't work, so I'm guessing there is a more major problem - almost as if the unit thinks the CD player isn't there.

If I gently prise open the CD insert, all I can see is metal (maybe the loader isn't in position/is stuck).

Not bluetooth I'm afraid and no auxiliary socket. If you search on the forum - there's quite a bit of info about playing Ipods etc through the unit.

Yep, I'll look in to that if I don't make progress - was just hoping someone would have an idea of what's happening with this unit.

I managed to get this to work, in a rather odd way.

If I hold down the 'mode' button on the steering wheel for ages, I get the bluetooth? options menu. When I quit out, the CD load works.

Very odd, but it works everytime (I need to repeat when I turn the car back on).

• 6 years later...

I have exactly the same problem but the mode switch fix does not work for me. Tried Battery disconnect but still no joy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links