Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5efhe Engine?

SnAiLsPeEdEr

Hi, Does the 5EFHE come with Turbo stock or no?? If not where can i get one for HELLA CHEAP or blue prints for some?

It can do, but you need to lower compression pistons. Its probably cheaper to just fit the 4E-FTE and tune that a bit rather than turbocharging the 5E-FHE

the 5efhe can run with the 4efte turbo kit without having to lower the compression, but there is a bit you gotta do. am almosty certain you will need to use the 4efte intake plenum, because of the placement of the sensors and all. but once its properly tuned you can hit the 240HP mark easily. there's a guy on terceonline.com that has his at 306?HP last i checked. its just a turboed 5efhe, but he uses a stand alone management system & upgraded injectors...etc it costs money. but in the end hell smoke alot of cars that will laugh at him. the 350Z for example.

oh yeah....engine was put together by Back Yard Productions, Miamia, Florida, USA

Did he change the pistons? A high compression turbo engine is possible, but requires very careful setting up of air/fuel ratio etc., and the use of very consistant quality fuel.

What boost is he running? Has he shown dyno plots or is it just talk?

So it is possible, but it cost HELLA $$? if i did just the thing i need to work on is the intake plenum??

call Back yard productions. i dont elieve its more than 2,400$ US. for a starting 5efhe turbo setup. call and ask for trevor he will tell you everyhting.

Hmmm... if i asked for the blueprints of the turbo.... do you think he could hook me up with some, because I currently don't have alot of money. How can I just make one with the same set up as the 4EFTE?? Help....please.

more than likely he wont give it to you. so i suggest you go searching on tercelonline.com's archives and find the information yourself of what turbos hes running.

:thumbsup: ..well i will just make a replica of the 4efte turbo for my car with home depot plumming pipes. then when it works and my kuzzens check it out, i will try it on...

So, Hypathetically speaking, if i put that on the 5EFHE, made my own turbo kit, made sure it works fine runs doesnt crash... it should be fine?? if not what should i fix before running it...

you guys wouldnt happen to know where i can get a 4efte exhaust manifold would you??

you could try www.toyotaownersclub.com for a manifold. If you want a stainless manifold, then www.mazstyle.co.nz makes a nice looking one.

Personally I think the 5E-FHE pistons to be the weakest link. Most people who create a 5E turbo use lower compression forged pistons. Anyway there are lots of people on toyotaownersclub.com who have built some crazy 4E/5E engines so know what works and what doesn't.

does it hell .. rofl - i wish, i wouldnt have the hassle im going through now ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links