Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spacesaver Spare Wheel Kits

FROSTYBALLS

21 hours ago, CurranShelter said:

Does anyone else have experience / information on this? I was thinking of ordering the space saver kit for my TS hybrid, but I don't want to do so if it will encroach on boot space. Not that I often lower the boot shelf but I don't want problems with it as and when I need to. I asked my supplying dealer about it and he just seemed bemused and said he wasn't aware of a problem. I'm guessing the parts guy is right though, so looks like I might be stuck with the can of goo. Anyone know how much they cost to replace, btw?

Only the 2013-2015 pre facelift Hybrid hatchback Auris have an issue with the wheel encroaching into lower boot space due to the shape of the boot floor as it slopes upwards towards the rear panel, all other Hatch and all Tourers have a level wheel well where a space saver can fit underneath the lowest boot floor.

Attached are two lists one for Touring Sports and one for Hatchbacks as you can see the hatch is more complex:

*Some early 2014 Auris Icon+ HB models didn't have Double deck boot floors so the first two columns apply and as per the list conventional engine'd versions could have a spare fitted but Hybrids couldn't as there was no upper boot deck.

*The last two columns apply to all the other UK models and again as you can see conventional engine'd models are fine, a kit is possible for Hybrid but Toyota list it as "not recommended" as the fitting affects the lower floor space.

*The middle two columns don't apply in the UK as we don't get the upgraded audio option with the subwoofer.

Since the 2015 Facelift all Auris models have standard fit Space savers including Hybrid hatchbacks as they have lost the double deck and the boot floor has raised a few inches to accommodate the space saver.

Auris TS spare wheel part numbers.png

Auris Hatch Spare wheel kit.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Then again if the tyre repair kit comes as standard rather than a space saver spare ...... 

Which mine did, although I see Toyota have gone back to supplying space saver spares as standard with the new (facelifted) Auris. Well done them! (And shame I couldn't stretch to a new one...)

Thanks for the links - hope not to need them, but will save them just in case.

Devon Aygo, I won't attempt to quote all that info here but many thanks, very helpful and good to have a definitive answer (especially as mine's a TS so no problem :).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all for this great information ... Mine came with the goo - my own fault I bought from stock and was aware you could order with a spare, but I too am getting the "You can only get a spare if you order it with one" and no way of getting one off the dealer so armed with your part numbers I have a case to fight with them, or its off to eBay

From the list above I checked my electronic parts catalogue for 42600-05811 but nothing comes up - all the accessories do though

eBay throws up plenty of matches for the 42600-05811 though so I may just take the plunge

Strange they won't sell it after. I paid £104 for mine at time of ordering car. YARIS. 

Other owners have bought spacesaver kits after taking delivery of their vehicle

• Like 1

Everything is available for the model up to 201505, but from 201505 onwards the Toyota EPC says 'no' to any wheels existing for it 

Mines 201507 manufacture... I'm going to bite the bullet and order the wheel and the tools and the clamp from the list above, It should fit in theory - It may hinder the split level boot, but I'd only use it for long Continental jourmeys, shorter national journeys i'll leave it in the garage and use the AA / tyre goo... 

Or go to another dealer... might be easier

I don`t get the reason the the double floor but saying that, I wuld have had room for a full size wheel in the well and the space between the two floors is useful for all my cleaning materials, cloths, brush etc. I even have a bucket of salt on top of the space saver at the moment!

What I have found though is that the estate boot is smaller than most and the car doesn`t like much weight ie 4 pax plus luggage.

Pity it doesn`t have citroen suspension!

The Citroen C5, the last remaining Citroen with Hydractive suspension, is reportedly ending production. So Citroen will be joining the ranks of manufacturers who use conventionally sprung suspension. Presumably this is to help PSA get back into profit after the rescue package by the Chinese manufacturer, Dongfeng, and the French Government in 2014.

my other cars have always been Citroen hydraulically sprung cars.... must admit the Auris Hybrid suspension is not bad I preferred it to the likes of renault and vw cars in the same class..... but we digress... 

I had a look at the polystyrene insert in the boot wheel well which holds only the compressor, tow hook and spray goo ... seems if i can work out how to remove this there should be room for a space saver and possibly the double floor would be ok too - maybe give or take an inch

Do you need separate wheel bolts for the spare ?

I can only speak for my Yaris mk3. The insert just lifts out. Spacesaver goes in. Nuts the same. Not had to use yet. I made the lift out floor from a piece of 10mm ply.

Regards.

Thanks - I'll have another go this weekend in better light... I tugged it and it wasn't budging the centre hole has a cover which I think is a friction bung

I know this will sound daft but is the insert held in by a large plastic nut. Can't remember if mine was and it's raining now so not going to look right now! The spare has to be held in by one.

Haven't checked yet but the 'nut' is rounded so can't turn it by hand or pull it off

Part number 051931-02091 (Spare wheel carrier) is the one listed for my Hybrid (HB ZWE186 201507) which is a plastic screw that holds the spare in place (Possibly through one of the wheel nut holes... as is the case for the previous model but cannot be sure on this model)

Your dealer should know all this. Mine has always been very helpful.

Decided I needed a spare wheel for my 2016 Yaris instead/ as well as inflator kit. Bought a good 15" one off E Bay for £40 - looked for a bolt to  secure to floor - £15 on e bay so used the bolt (a spare) from my flymo (the one that keeps the blade on - 'other bolts are available'. Used the jack from my old car (Citroen C5) - fitted inside spare wheel. Sorted for  not a lot. Watch spare wheel size if buying from E Bay etc - lots are too small for current modelsQ

in case you want to do it properly at some point, under £10 from Toyota UK - your local dealer may beat them as no carriage. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Spare-Wheel-Carrier-Yaris-Hybrid-519310D040-/321817170232?

Weirdly a spare wheel carrier for an Auris or Avensis is ~£3, don't know why Yaris is dearer :unsure:

I picked mine up from dealer today for touring.

1x tyre

4x chocks

1x polystyrene container 

I was supplied the sce2but found i did not need that as the chocks hold tyre in place with the polystyrene container/cover that sites on top and the existing jack, tow eye etc all fit neatly in.

This still allows the false floor to remain in place and the existing air inflator to fit as well as a added bonus !

total cost around £115

I managed to remove the polystyrene trim from the well of the auris HSD HB - on closer inspection it had a coin slot in it and unscrews out and is push-fit back in.

With everything out doesn't look like a spare would fit at the moment - the dec trim prtrudes a but too much - i've seen deck trim parts as part of the spare wheel pack for the previous model but not for this one ... so not sure if the parts are interchangeable - might get away with cutting the lip off it a bit but wouldn't want to do that if a compatible piece is available.... 

anyhow in the end I will order these: (and if the trim stops it going in then it will just sit in the false floor for long journeys... or indeed on a Roof Rack if we needed the space)

42600-05810 / Spare Wheel Assembly (Spare Tire-Temporary T125/70D17)
51931-02091 / Spare Wheel Carrier (this is the nut to secure the wheel_)
09120-02130 / TOOL BAG

09150-02060 / HUB NUT WRENCH 
09111-05050 / jack ASSEMBLY  (I Know I can get one from a breakers or halford but nice to have the official toyota one )
09113-0F010 / jack HANDLE
  (ditto)

To recap car is a 201507 model ... ZWE186 HSD HB

The deck trim on the car is 64716-02120-C1 according to the EPC for my chassis number and the one being advertised for the previous model ->201505 in the conversion kits is 64716-02130-C0 - would be nice to know if it was 100% compatible or not... as I suspect although this is a bit of plastic it aint going to be cheap

Part 64716-02130-C0 Fits all pre 2015 Facelift HB # hybrid models 

• Like 1

mine's a post 2015 facelift - but I do not have access to a pre-facelift one to compare... there is no equivalent yet so looks lke having to cut the existing trim... :sad: 

6 hours ago, GibAurisHSD said:

mine's a post 2015 facelift - but I do not have access to a pre-facelift one to compare... there is no equivalent yet so looks lke having to cut the existing trim... :sad: 

Well I'm a bit confused here as the 2015 Facelift models included a Spacesaver spare without double deck and a new floor configuration ( HB only ) as standard on all trims/engines

• Like 1

I've just fitted a spacesaver into my new (to me) 2013 Auris hatchback. The wheel was quite a tight fit in the well and didn't want to move about even before I bolted it down but it does fit. I could find no use for the polystyrene cushion provided. The lower boot floor is now raised slightly (matter of millimetres) - not convinced it makes any significant difference, it is quite stable and really doesn't intrude - if the car had come like this I wouldn't have suspected it wasn't designed that way. The boot floor proper still fits normally. I didn't need to do anything to the existing trim to get it to fit. 

However, there isn't really anywhere for the jack, handle, wheelbrace and towing eye once the wheel is in the well - I managed to stuff them into the larger of the two rather tacky plastic toolbags that came with the kit (the other one was too small for anything other than the wheelbrace and seems superfluous) and then wedge the bag into the hollow of the wheel such that it doesn't protrude or foul the boot floor. The tools don't fit particularly neatly or look like they're planned to be there, but they do just fit and I have the reassurance of knowing there's a spare wheel in my boot which is the point of the exercise.

The kit was £127.97.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2016 at 7:55 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Well I'm a bit confused here as the 2015 Facelift models included a Spacesaver spare without double deck and a new floor configuration ( HB only ) as standard on all trims/engines

Forgot to mention mine is a spanish market model (HB) which came with the double boot floor as standard and the spare as a factory order option. (which I did not choose as I bought from stock) which leads me to believe there has to be a piece of trim that allows the spare in my model.... and I suspect that trim to be the same as the pre-facelift but won't know until I try ,,,,

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2016 at 9:34 AM, GibAurisHSD said:

I managed to remove the polystyrene trim from the well of the auris HSD HB - on closer inspection it had a coin slot in it and unscrews out and is push-fit back in.

With everything out doesn't look like a spare would fit at the moment - the dec trim prtrudes a but too much - i've seen deck trim parts as part of the spare wheel pack for the previous model but not for this one ... so not sure if the parts are interchangeable - might get away with cutting the lip off it a bit but wouldn't want to do that if a compatible piece is available.... 

anyhow in the end I will order these: (and if the trim stops it going in then it will just sit in the false floor for long journeys... or indeed on a roof rack if we needed the space)

42600-05810 / Spare Wheel Assembly (Spare Tire-Temporary T125/70D17)
51931-02091 / Spare Wheel Carrier (this is the nut to secure the wheel_)
09120-02130 / TOOL BAG

09150-02060 / HUB NUT WRENCH 
09111-05050 / JACK ASSEMBLY  (I Know I can get one from a breakers or halford but nice to have the official toyota one )
09113-0F010 / JACK HANDLE
  (ditto)

To recap car is a 201507 model ... ZWE186 HSD HB

The deck trim on the car is 64716-02120-C1 according to the EPC for my chassis number and the one being advertised for the previous model ->201505 in the conversion kits is 64716-02130-C0 - would be nice to know if it was 100% compatible or not... as I suspect although this is a bit of plastic it aint going to be cheap

I can now confirm that all the above fits the post 2015 Facelift model too - anyone want photos I will gladly pass them on.
The only thing that did not fit was the wheel carier bolt (51931-02091 was what the parts program said was for my car) but its too long with the wheel hub up, and too short with the wheel hub down - but I found another compatible bolt and used that - the bolt also fits through the wheel nut hole not the centre (only way to make it flush with the boot floor). Though thinking about it now the foam blocks are rather tall so If i did use them I would lose more floor area, but the original wheel carrier would fit.

I still retain my double floor, but naturally loose about an inch in height off the bottom part - still good enough for the peace of mind.

I also did not know what to do with the foam inserts without losing more bootspace - I may make my own in the end I suppose they stop the wheel rubbing through to the fuel tank which could happen eventually after many years...

On 2/22/2016 at 8:17 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Part 64716-02130-C0 Fits all pre 2015 Facelift HB # hybrid models 

I can confirm it will fit the Post Facelift too - but I did not need to change my insert in the end as if i did I would lose the double shelf functionality
It would make the wheel not parallel to the boot floor but the wheel carrier would then go through the centre hole as it should.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links