Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problems With New 2014 Aygo?

kkp0897

Greeting everyone,

Have purchased a new Aygo X-Clusiv and had it over two months. Not a bad car generally speaking although a few mod cons down on the Peugeot 207 we had of previous however in the couple of months we have owned it, we're surprised by the unreliability and minor issues we're having.

1. On occasion, there is a unknown beep resulting in the screen/audio cutting out to the point the engine momentarily cuts outs too with no electrics / power steering ... Nothing!

On one occasion and related to the above, the car did not start completely. There was no lights or electrics at all to the point the hazards would not operate which is a bit concerning. Opening and closing the back suddenly brought the car back to life....

2. Tyre pressure is lit up on the dash irrespective of what pressure is put into the tyres (yes I have put in to the correct pressure).

3. Condensation under passenger headlamp.

We have owned a number of cars from new but the first time a toyota and expected more from the manufacturer given their reputation for good reliability however we're a tad bemused.

Anyone got similar issues?

I'm due to book it in so hopefully all will be resolved otherwise its a lovely little car.

So what has the dealership said about the issues?

"We have owned a number of cars from new but the first time a toyota and expected more from the manufacturer given their reputation for good reliability however we're a tad bemused."

It's a Citroen/Peugeot/Toyota - shared line/plant in the Czech Republic.

Obviously not what you want on a new car but the upside is that of all the volume manufacturers Toyota seem to stand behind their warranty best & the dealers as a whole are pretty good - as Frosty says, what has your dealer said?.

mine has got condensation under both headlamp glasses. 5 weeks and counting since i reported to the local dealership (Burrows Toyota) they said that Toyota were working on a fix. starting to feel like a was fobbed off -

Sounds like it could possibly be something as simple as a loose Battery Cable (Negative Pole)?

• Like 1

Sounds like it could possibly be something as simple as a loose Battery Cable (Negative Pole)?

Problem solved!!!

Yesterday, the car completely shutdown as we were about to go out and it did not recover. Fortunately we have use of another car so I thought I would take a look in the morning or call the recovery folk out. As 'travelledscot' pointed out it was a loose negative connection. A 10mm spanner soon sorted that out so thank you very much.

Haven't had a chance to call the dealership yet but will be letting them know, and about the misty headlamps

kkp0897 - good news. :)

mine has got condensation under both headlamp glasses. 5 weeks and counting since i reported to the local dealership (Burrows Toyota) they said that Toyota were working on a fix. starting to feel like a was fobbed off -

digitalmood, if you have ever worked in a mass manufacturing environment then you would know that it takes time to identify a problem, the exact cause of it, design a fix, test it, get it into production etc. etc. especially as this will include a chain of customer>dealer>Toyota> component manufacturer.

kkp0897 - good news. :)

digitalmood, if you have ever worked in a mass manufacturing environment then you would know that it takes time to identify a problem, the exact cause of it, design a fix, get it into production etc. etc. especially as this will include a chain of customer>dealer>Toyota> component manufacturer.

it would be nice for toyota to ring digitalmood even if its to tell him they are still waiting for a reply at least you know they haven't forgotten about you and filed your issue under "B" for bin

In my experience, where an issue has been reported to the manufacturer via one of their dealers and not directly to the manufacturer, it is the responsibility of the dealer to keep the customer updated.

In my experience, where an issue has been reported to the manufacturer via one of their dealers and not directly to the manufacturer, it is the responsibility of the dealer to keep the customer updated.

thats what i meant by toyota i should of said the toyota dealer

I would have expected the dealership to keep in touch even if its to say that they haven't got a solution yet, but they've not forgotten. Obviously Burrows Toyota Barnsley think differently.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links