Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High Pitched Alarm Noise From Boot

gj3418

Hi - wondering if anyone can help please. I have a 2.0 Avensis Estate 2006 model and am getting a high pitched alarm (fairly quiet but can hear whilst driving) that stays on even when the engine is off and the car is locked. The noise appears to be coming from the passenger side light cluster in the boot (or very nearby this) and I have been unable to find any clear info on what this is at all from the web or get easy access to what is making the noise. It has been on now since 8pm last night and I have called the local Toyota garage who cannot see me till later in the week and were unable to tell me on the phone what it is - I am worried it will drain my Battery! Any help on how to turn this off or reassurance that it will not drain the Battery would be much appreciated. The only relevant web article I can find is about a possible back-up alarm system Battery dying but that was on an Audi and no mention of Toyota having something similar. I have not yet disconnected the main battery to see what that does as I don't want to mess any fault info that may be stored.

Many thanks for any advice anyone can provide.

Graham

does the boot light stay on??? just a guess but is it telling u the boot is open (even if it isn't)

coop

There is nothing factory fit back there that has a sounder/speaker its possible there is a an ECU/ relay with a fault making a noise, the other possibility is Accessory fit parking sensors, Toyotas kit including sounder is all hidden away up behind the LHR boot trims, see attached

TPA400 PZ464-T0421-00 AIM 000 017-5 (1).pdf

Many thanks for the 2 people helping. It turns out my car (unbeknown to me) has had some tow bar electrics installed by the previous owner, although I have no tow bar and never had one and there is no evidence externally of there being one. The legal requirement for this means there was a warning alarm that activates if a light is out on the tow bar. This was shorting for some reason and the electrics being tucked away inside the boot in a void below the passenger light cluster were discovered once the inside panelling was removed. The electrics have been sorted and I now have the added bonus of being able to install a tow bar relatively cheaply now as all the connections are already in place!

Thanks for your assistance - was driving me mad until everything was taken apart and the tow bar system discovered.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

I have same problem when off Saturday checking it said on diognostic door b2322 code door ecu issue 

sorted everything ok door issue and not really needed this bad design high pitch sound for it i think just to get some money of owners it is easy to dis connect it but replace the part and it cleared £9 from eBay door passenger electric lock issue due to belt got stuck in door 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links