Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! New Engine Required

neildixon

I'm new to the forum so if this info is elsewhere then please point me to it...

Basically I need a new engine for my Auto 2.0 Rav4 2004 petrol.

But I'm very wary of just finding a random breakers on the internet so, can anyone recommend a breakers they have used? and also what should I be paying?

Any information gratefully received - by the way the Engine Code is 1AZ-FE and the timing chain went, which apprently is very common??

I've got quotes for a recon for 895 and 1195

Neil

I'm new to the forum so if this info is elsewhere then please point me to it...

Basically I need a new engine for my Auto 2.0 Rav4 2004 petrol.

But I'm very wary of just finding a random breakers on the internet so, can anyone recommend a breakers they have used? and also what should I be paying?

Any information gratefully received - by the way the Engine Code is 1AZ-FE and the timing chain went, which apprently is very common??

I've got quotes for a recon for 895 and 1195

Neil

Afraid I can't recommend a breaker for these engines as I've never had such an unfortunate experience. I'm on our third vvt-i auto and have never heard of a cam chain breaking; these engines are usually referred to as "bomb-proof". It's certainly not a common failure.

What mileage was on your car? Were there any extenuating circumstances such as incorrect oil or missed services, etc? It sounds like a very rare occurance to me.

Good luck with your search.

I have to agree exactly with what firemac said especially about the oil. Oxygen sensors yes , water pump in my case but that is it with these engines.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links