Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch & Go Update Toolbox - No Usb Storage Is Connected

IM35461

My 2014 Excel has the Touch & Go with software 2.8.4L Map EU20130409

I have made the "fingerprint" using several USB sticks and have tried the Touch & Go s/w on two different laptops (Windows 7 and XP) all with the same problem "No USB Storage Is Connected".

When I first got the car it worked by when I last took my car back for a coolant leak they also applied the flat Battery fix and must have updated the Touch & Go as it lost all my locations :(

Has anyone else tried to update their system lately and has it worked?

USB's Tried are 32Gb, 16Gb, 8Gb, 1GB with FAT32 and FAT formatting.

Many thanks

Same issue here with my Auris TS. Also tried different USB 's, to no avail.

The USB gets filled though with one folder called NaviSync, containing 3 folders (content, license, save) and 2 files (device_checksum.md5, device_status.ini) and lots of subfolders (600 files, 62 folders, for a total of 1.500.662 bytes).

My toolbox version is 3.7.4.6628.

Any help is appreciated.

Hopefully Toyota are looking in to it...

Hi x

Thanks for your post.
We have run this past our technical team who are talking to our European office about this. We will keep you posted as soon as we hear any news about the possible cause.

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-touch-go-touch-go-and-toyota-touch-pro-faqs

Looks like the problem which must have been at their server end has been fixed as it now recognizes my USB and offers me a map update for £109!

How can they charge so much for a one off map upgrade when for £150.00 you can get a voice controlled Garmin GPS with lifetime Europe maps and digital traffic?

Yes, suddenly it's working over here, too.

I have the Touch&Go +, which includes 3 years of free updates. So I'm downloading the update now for free. Happy camper again. :-)

• Like 1

Looks like the problem which must have been at their server end has been fixed as it now recognizes my USB and offers me a map update for £109!

How can they charge so much for a one off map upgrade when for £150.00 you can get a voice controlled Garmin GPS with lifetime Europe maps and digital traffic?

because they get raped by the map providers too plus they are an extra margin in the chain?

To be fair Toyota are actually one of the cheapest car manufacturers for integrated satnav map updates (but that doesn't mean that we like the situation any better).

btw I think that you may find that your idea of lifetime & Garmin's are different ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links