Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 Xtr Gearbox Oil

lineman#1

Hi

Can anyone please tell me how much gearbox oil I need to change the oil in my 2011 rav. It is a 2.2 diesel 6 speed. also what grade of oil is best to use?

Many thanks

Bob

2.1 litres of SAE 75w API-GL4 ( not 75w90 )

I changed all the transmission fluids in my rav a couple of months since and it has made a big differrence, gear change is smoother and much quieter. I got the oil from my local Toyota agent, £13.00 / litre for gearbox oil.

My car had a slight whine on the transmission but i hadn't mentioned it to them.

The guy on the parts counter wanted to sell me straight 80w gl5 for front and rear diffs but a sticker on the front diff clearly states 85w90 gl5 and I had a picture on my phone.

He went and got the "transmission expert" and I showed him the picture. He said that using 85w90 made them whine and recommended 80w so I took his advice and the whining stopped.

85w90 is hard to source but 80w is readily available and cheaper especially away from Toyota.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links