Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Timing Marks

Blooboy

Hi all,

can someone show me where the proper timing marks are on my son's 02 Corolla D4D 2.0L please, the marks on the inj pump are no problem, it's the casing mark for the camshaft that I cannot get.

Changing the belt is not a problem as we all know, just use your own marks, but this is different as I want to set the original marks. Engine runs as if on three cyls and as if it were a cog away. I want to rule out the timing and try something else.

Someone has said the mark on the cam pulley lines up with the joint of the rocker and engine, which sounds odd but makes sense as it is dead centre of the cam.

Anyone?

I have the sketch diagram but it is not fully shown.

Thank you in advance, Dee

Hi oldcodger,

thank you for the speedy reply.

Sorry but the diagram is for a different engine, mine is the 02- D4D 2.0L. diesel.

I have that type of diagram no problem, but what I need is really a photo of the mark is on the casing, to line up with the mark on the cam wheel.

Thank you again, Dee

Hi avensisd4d786,

yes those links will sort it out ok I think, thanks very much for the time and effort.

Will let you know how it goes, Dee

• Like 1

look at page 258 on the manual.. mark it with the line on top of the cylinder head.

258 in my owners manual is Brakes, what heading does it be under?

no I meant on the one I attached click on engine mechanical.pdf it should download.

Hi again, have all done and finished, or so I thought, I now am getting trouble code 12, which is "knock control sensor signal". In one of the explanations it says possible timing belt but don't elaborate.

Anyone familiar with this trouble code

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links