Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unidentified Warning Light

AlanGiles246

Hey everyone, As of this morning I am getting this warning light coming up and i've looked through the whole user manual and it doesn't appear to have a description for this even though it shows it in the instrument cluster.

I don't know if its a factor but I changed the car Battery just last week for the first time in 6 years.

post-146469-0-94886100-1423644563.png

Has the car had an alarm fitted?

It hasn't had an alarm fitted since new in 2009. Whether it has an alarm or immobilzer I'm not even sure.

Can you switch off the rear/passenger electric windows? Could be a reminder for that?

Or does it have keyless entry? Could be that the Battery in the fob is getting low?

According to this link, on page 5 it means "engine immobiliser system"

http://www.scion.com/assets/pdf/quickReference/2013_Scion_iQ_ReferenceGuide.pdf

Do you have the keyless ignition with the start button and does the car start and run as normal? Do you have more than one key?

Craig.

Yeah its keyless ignition with start button. All starts up fine.

I do have another key fob but I put it in a 'safe' place and its location is even safe from me right now. Can't for the life of me think where I put it.

Has been a while since I changed the Battery in the one I'm using so i'll give that a go. Thank you all for your help

Not sure if it's true of the iQ keyfobs but I always try to change my batteries quickly in the key fob. Get the key fob apart, open the new Battery, get the two next to each other then whip the old Battery out and get the new one in quickly.

I used to have a Range Rover and if you didn't change the Battery within about 30 seconds you then had to re-register the key to the vehicle which was a pain!

Craig.

• Like 1

One more thing, If you have changed the main Battery recently it may be worth disconnecting it again for a while, over 30 minutes I think is the time needed to reset the ECU.

There have been a few problems posted on this page that is solved by disconnecting the power and letting it all reset again. Apparently the engine takes a while to tune itself again after you do this though so, try the key fob first I guess.

Craig.

Thank you for the advice. Will make sure I change it quickly then ^_^

Put a new Battery in the keyholderthingie.... power is getting too low....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links