Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Locked Posts

the fox

Sorry I went off the topic I did not know it was important to stick to it, hope it was locked because I went off, and not because I was stating a few home truths about Toyota's poorly made vehicles, the chat was Toyota had brought out the 5 year warranty because they believed in the Vehicles they produce, this was not correct, it was because people had stopped buying because of faults, still think it's harsh to lock it..... I think to much power, nothing offensive was posted unless calling Toyota's past is just that to some members...

The subject of the thread was the recent Takata air bag recall - hence the title 'Recall'.

This series of recalls is due to Takata's possible incorrect assembly of air bags, and, so far, has affected ten car manufacturers including Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Honda, Mazda, Daihatsu and BMW.

The thread had already gone off topic with your comments on Toyota reliability, and despite a note at post 18, you continued to post off topic - which was why the post was locked as stated at post 23.

The thread was important for a number of members to seek clarification on the recent recall, and really could have done without your veering off the subject matter, and clouding the issue for those wanting to gain information on the recall.

If you wish to begin a thread on Toyota reliability and build quality, then you are welcome to do so, but don't expect to hijack other's threads and for no moderation to take place.

The thing I dislike about going "off topic" is that good information that is posted does not relate to the heading and cannot be recalled easily if you are looking for it

Inho

Del

The is no debate as to why they brought out the 5 year warranty, it is well documented

After the pedal recall, Mr Toyoda stated that Toyota had taken their eye off the ball with relation to reliability, in the quest to become the worlds largest car manufacturer.

Since then, there has been a massive change at Toyota, like them or not their warranty claim incidence has been reduced since 2013 by 50%. Nothing is infallible, but the reliability has never been better

You had been confusing dealer standards with reliability, something which was not part of the original posting

Kingo :thumbsup:

What You Must Agree To

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which you know to be false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law, meaning also that you agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

The basic rules for the club’s message-boards are simple:

•Be polite. Treat your fellow members with respect. Personal attacks and/or name calling in any form will not be tolerated and will result in you being removed from the club on either a permanent or temporary basis.

•Use common sense. Do not post for the sake of posting, or simply to increase your post count.

•Don’t break the law. Don’t post about things that break the law, or that might encourage others to break the law.

•Don’t post any message that even hints at advertising.

•Ensure your post is useful and related to the subject of the original poster. Do not change the subject of a post, or post non-constructive replies (such as replies containing only smileys).

Sometimes a forum works better if the thread is allowed to wander off topic a little, that's how most conversations go in real life.

Sometimes a forum works better if the thread is allowed to wander off topic a little, that's how most conversations go in real life.

I agree. Most of the posts were logical in that they commented on reliability which to my simple mind is a natural extension of a discussion about recalls.

The way it was locked down looked like the mods trying to censor criticism of Toyota.

Not bothered whether Toyota are criticised or not - this makes absolutely no difference to me.

The post was locked as it again went off topic despite the deviation being highlighted previously within the same thread.

To repeat, the recall in question is regarding Takata air bags and possible faulty inflators, which, so far, has affected several manufacturers. It isn't directly related to the reliability of any of the car manufacturers involved.

It is an issue which Takata is directly responsible for, and I am sure the car manufacturers affected (which are General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Daihatsu and BMW) will be recovering their costs for the recall from Takata.

I was trying to make the point that a air bag recall not involving Takata was still taking place, and blaiming Takata was not 100% correct. Wire chaffing behind air bag is still on going, and my problems with reliabilty started well before the throttle sticking problem. Maybe I'm wrong but any vehicle made in Japan were OK, It was down to a cheap made part from somewhere like Poland,,,, I do think it was hubik to lock the topic down, but I do understand other Toyota owners may not find out that Toyota let their halo slip, and in a big way....They relied on the name Toyota, which in my experience Toyota dealers DO. I will try and stay on Topic in the future but it did seem OK to expand at that time...

I do not subscribe to the "Made in Japan" is better theory. I have worked with Toyota since 1977 and have seen vehicles built from all around the world. Engines made in Deeside around the corner from here are sent to Japan, models built in Japan will have engines built in Poland. It is a global business these days

If you want to start a thread about reliability and Toyota's poor quality, go ahead and post one, nobody will lock it for that reason alone.

I was trying to make the point that a air bag recall not involving Takata was still taking place, and blaiming Takata was not 100% correct. Wire chaffing behind air bag is still on going, and my problems with reliabilty started well before the throttle sticking problem. Maybe I'm wrong but any vehicle made in Japan were OK, It was down to a cheap made part from somewhere like Poland,,,, I do think it was harse to lock the topic down, but I do understand other Toyota owners may not find out that Toyota let their halo slip, and in a big way....They relied on the name Toyota, which in my experience Toyota dealers DO. I will try and stay on Topic in the future but it did seem OK to expand at that time...

Having checked your posts in the Recall thread, you make no mention of an air bag recall involving chafed wires continuing.

Just briefly that your Rav 4 has been involved in three recalls, and in more detail that you have issues with your Toyota dealers, issues with your vehicle's build quality/reliability, and that, in your opinion, Toyota is replying on their reputation for reliability, rather than the vehicles actually being reliable.

As an example of the reliability of my last three Toyotas, one has been involved in a recall, and each vehicle has had one issue that was fixed under warranty (one had corrosion on the tailgate struts, one had a broken cup holder, and the current one has had a failed tailgate strut). No other faults so far. All three were British-built.

I was thinking members might have followed the postings and may have realised a recall about chaffing airbag wiring was still on-going.

But I must point out this forum is riddled with members who have had costly warranty work some paid for by Toyota and some not. and most of that work is basic engine/gearboxes. A new Toyota engine should not be using vast ammounts of oil and going through head gaskets.

When my Rav4 at 12,000 miles had a service that was not done correctly, and I was told it needed £1,600 worth of warranty work, Toyota UK had the chance to check that vehicle, they did not want to get involved. I was told by Toyota to get the work carried out under warranty. And I had to prove the Toyota dealer had none done the service correctly. When I asked Toyota Uk why a EGR valve sticking should put warning lights on like VSC etc, when it should just be an engine warning light, I was told.

"Toyota knew 2006/2007 the software was not right and the new software would be loaded when the vehicle was serviced or in the dealers for repair or warranty work" why are Toyota owners still getting false warnings... hope I have not gone to off piste. I won't post again unless the wife sells her Rav4 and I can get her to buy maybe an Honda....p.s. Her door mirrors have started rattling hope it's a quick fix....

I think you mist the point about being made in Japan, the throttle part fitted in Japan to Toyota's is the same item but it was not built in Poland, Toyota told me my Rav4 was not being recalled for the throttle problem because of just that,

in this day & age with parts made to the same quality/under the same QA system (assuming that it is followed) it shouldn't matter where the actual manufacturing plant was.

Nobody is saying that Toyota are perfect - when you get a complex product like a car & you make enough of them there are going to be issues. However, Toyota are probably the best (at least in the UK) volume car manufacturer at handling those but even that is variable because it relies on dealers for part of it & dealers (indeed individual staff within dealers) are variable.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links