Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1981 Corolla-tercel Project Car Questions

spiffySRQ

A friend of mine recently had a 1981 Toyota Corolla-Tercel given to him. Its in pretty good shape minus the engine. From looking around, Ive figured it out that it was a Tercel and the Corolla name was just that a name.....It also seems that it is related to the 1981 Starlet? He is curretly looking for a new engine, does the starlet have compatible parts? Is an engine swap between the two possible? If so how much custom modding is required to make it work? If anyone has any good sites for general info with either car would help...... Im used to working on euro's (mostly my volvo) so Im trying to help him out in whatever way I can. (btw: The Tercel is a 5-Speed.)

The Sralet RW-Engine is K-Type (1K, 2K, 3K or 4K) an does not match to the FWD Transmission of your Tercel. The Tercel AL1# should have a 2A or 3A engine. This is an newer Type of Engine...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links