Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeaky Brakes Anyone?

EvMcK

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with squeaky brakes? I bought my car from my local dealership (it was first registered in 2011) in January this year and have so far had it at the dealership approximately 10 times to try and rectify the issue. It has started squeaking again and I am at a loss with what to do next as apart from this my car is perfect for me. So far all the pads and discs have been changed (some more than once), the caliper holders have been changed and they have cleaned and greased them several times so I simply cannot think where we go from here.

• Like 1

Squeaky brakes were an issue with the early first generation Auris, which was largely cured by a change in the pads. I've hah a 200' and a 2012 midel from new, and not any brake issue with either.

I had brake noise in my auris (hybrid) and found it was the disc backing plates just making contact with the disc....I eased the backing plate away from the disc through the wheel and hey-presto....no more noise.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links