Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lucidas Etc, Can They Pull A Caravan?

steve the southerner

:P

Hi all,

Well buying a previa (with air con) is not that easy down south.

I'm going to look at some nice Lucidas/Estimas etc.

However, i do have a 14 foot caravan, and wondered if anyone with one of the imports pulls a van, or if anyone knows the engine power etc. I would like the reliability and economy of a diesel but if not quite powerful enough then i will stick to a previa.

We have just had a new boat of cars delivered and i'm off to look at some imports at Southampton.

And its sunny....

Steve

hi steve

I have an Estima Emina 2.2tdi 1996 but I don't tow a van. They are 105hp as opposed to the previa which i think is 120hp but as they are diesel they have a lot more torque. I just came back from holiday with 6 people and all our camping gear (lot's of it - a bit overkill) and it pulled no problem,felt like i could have towed a house aswell. Only issue i can think of is the rear suspension feels a bit soft, fine on the motorway and a-roads but not so good over speed bumps or dips. Also not sure if there might be issues with the permanent 4x4 versions. As far as pulling a caravan i would say the diesels would be better.

hope this helps and happy motoring :thumbsup:

I got a used Previa almost 2 yrs ago with 93K 2.4 auto which the owner had A/C fitted afterwards.

I towed a 1200Kg caravan 4 cycles 4 adults 1 child from here to Switzerland and back. It towed superb,in fact it was much better than my previous Volvo 240GL auto. I had a 2nd oilcooler fitted

As far as pulling a caravan i would say the diesels would be better.

I would dispute this

Edited by freddunn

As far as pulling a caravan i would say the diesels would be better.

I would dispute this

I stand corrected. You have the experience thanks for the input. Just thought the diesels would have more torque i.e. pulling power. :thumbsup:

Just thought the diesels would have more torque i.e. pulling power. 

Yes most certainly in the low revs, but not when you get going.

I not so long ago had a chat with someone towing with a Kia Sedona 2.9 Turbo Diesel and he had to almost floor his pedal and only got a moderate performance

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links