Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Anybody Found A Way To Hack The Auris Hybrid To Show Digital Speed

cviclark

For two years I have seen "Settings not available" and all sorts of other irrelevant info on the digital panel. Has anyone manged to hack the ODB to show speed? The info is there as I can see it on my HUD-E. Other Auris model have a decent Analogue speedo but the Hybrid one is too small to read.

Probably need Toyota diagnostic tool to do it?

yeah, this would be so much better! Hopefully someone knows how??

It should be simple but Toyota say it cannot be done as the information is not available at the ODB. This is rubbish. The Toyota Diag tool does not have the software to do it. Nobody at Toyota UK is interested in trying to solve Customer complaints or issues of this sort. They told me I should have seen it on the test drive and bought something else. "Style over substance" is probably why Toyota sell so well in N.America and so poorly here. Having said that if this model sold there I would lay money it would have been hacked by now. Its what you get when sales and manufacturing are separate companies even when they are in the same country.

The day it is hacked will probably be the day somebody drives your car off the drive remotely too, without you knowing! let's hope the hackers can't crack it then ;)

The OBD port is already a haven for all sorts of scams such as mileage "haircuts" and blank key programming, more should be done to restrict access IMHO

Hi parts-King

All the more reason Toyota or those selling the product should accommodate logical sensible customer requests to fix a simple problem before it becomes a safety recall issue. You work for the dealer who sold the car,and services it. Indeed I ordered it after driving one of your loan cars,as this was a petrol ICON the speedo was clear to see. I have requested this (simple change) from day one. Service agree the speedo (on the hybrid) is useless. Nobody even Toyota UK can explain the reason for most of the meaningless data shown on the clear digital screen in the middle of the dials (duplicated on the big screen). To me and I suspect most other customer knowing you are within the speed limits is a very important issue.While on the subject of after sales support (because thats what this is) why can I not buy a bonnet stone and bug deflector for my car in this country? It is available in N America and Australia for just about every Toyota you can shake a stick at. But not here. Your dealership in Flintshire can tell what flint does to a car bonnet.

As a dealer we get lots of requests to change functions, some of which (like your situation) we have no control over. Where this is the case, we send requests to Toyota. They ultimately make the decision as to what functions can be switched on/off

The decisions on what accessories are sold are made by the accessory business unit at Toyota. They make decisions on what they feel will sell. You might very well be able to buy them abroad but in all my years in the job I cannot remember being asked many for a bonnet bug deflector. It might be very important to you, I understand that, but probably not a very commercial product for them to stock

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links