Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Leaks

buckethead

My '89 corolla with a 4a-f motor seems to leaking from 2 spots...

Around the distributor, whihc makes me think the oil seal for that is bad. And around the other side of the motor at the cam shaft oil seal.

Is this normal, and is it an easy or in-expensive fix?

Thanks....Buckethead...

• 2 months later...

Hi!

Is it leaking down (do you see oil spots bellow the car) or is it just wet around that spots? My Corolla (2E engine) is little wet around crankcase seal, but that's normal (13 years of driving)... crankase seal is showing age :) But, if it's really leaking down to the floor, check oil seals... Here in Belgrade, Serbia, Toyota oil seals are around 10-15 USD maximum price, and labour is about 10 USD for changing one seal (doesn't matter which oil seal is in question). I don't know the price for other countries.

And I think it is better to replace the seals, because engine will be dirty - oil can sometimes smell very bad and it can produce smoke around engine which is little bit dangerous and your cooling performance will be reduced - clean engine is easier to cool than dirty one.

Regards,

Ivan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links