Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Rear Electric Power Windows Avensis T25

avensisd4d786

as you guys know I'm the process of fitting leather interior into a t2.

the door cards I have got from t spirit are for the electric windows and the t2 it has the winders.

I understand that the motor will need to be swapped over, what about the wiring loom, will there be any in the t2?

is it a straight forward job?

There will be a loom in the door already to power the central locking actuator. I suspect that it's a different version as the power windows need a feed for both the motor and switch.

Unless you're able to source an original loom you won't have driver control over the rear windows.

Does the driver's side contols include switches for the rear windows? If so the wiring/connector may also be different.

You will be able to rig a power supply to the motor/switch using the existing cabling if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Basically, when removing electrical items from a higher spec donor car, it is best to take the wiring loom and any associated parts, to ease installation.

The front seats are electric adjustable and only the highest spec of the range got them, for Mk2. The rear electric windows covered mid to high spec.

At least if you don't use the loom, you get a guide and use the plug and sockets.

Some accessories could be added with simple plug in, as Toyota included the loom. So upgrades were almost plug and play.

"I", you have both a T-Spirit and T2 cars. You may have to look under the carpet and trim of both cars, take notes and photos, comparing the differences. Check what fuses and relays are needed too - present in the T-Spirit, empty in the T2. With all that data gathered, you will know what is required for the upgrade.

What I am aware with the Mk2 specs up to 2006, Colour collection, T2, and T3-S, don't have rear electric windows. T3-X, T4, and T-Spirit have. You will need to find a donor car for the missing parts, especially the looms.

• Like 1

Thanks for answers guy, I have decided to leave the winders in for time being. if someone does do it please update, may attempt it in future.

• 2 years later...

Hi avensisd4d786, 

I swapped both my rear doors for doors with electric windows, 

It's much easier to swap the whole door for a door from a donor car, it's a straight swap for your old door, however i havent investigated the driver controls myself so very interested to know if its a supported feature on an entry level wiring loom

I managed to pick two up in a scrap yard for 120 euro, well worth it in my opinion, 

Kind regards, 

Darren

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links