Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How My Auris Looks Now

smudge-1991

So I've been playing more and more with my car....

So far I've;

tinted the lights,

hid dipped,

led main,

side lights( my own stock ),

interior lights,

number plate lights,

Our own tuning box,

Panel filter,

De-restricted the air intake

egr blank fitted,

alloy gators fitted ( my own stock ),

started doing all the bolts under bonnet are in the process of being changed for colour coded,

started setting up silicone hoses,

bluetooth and aux fitted as well now, upgraded brakes ( black diamond pads, MTec sports discs,

Plus a couple of other bits.

And some major polish and wax sessions.

post-130759-144545902291_thumb.jpg

post-130759-144545903928_thumb.jpg

post-130759-144545905048_thumb.jpg

post-130759-144545909401_thumb.jpg

post-130759-14454591112_thumb.jpg

post-130759-144545912627_thumb.jpg

post-130759-144545913937_thumb.jpg

post-130759-144545915023_thumb.jpg

post-130759-144545917152_thumb.jpg

post-130759-144545924968_thumb.jpg

post-130759-144545944998_thumb.jpg

post-130759-144545945955_thumb.jpg

post-130759-144545948623_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice touches :driving:

What did u do to the tuning box?

Any upgrades to the engine and exhaust?

Just a panel filter and make the intake a little better but no other engine mods as of yet if the remapping testing goes well then my exhaust system will get finished ... I have been working my own car and that with my remapping stuff as well as with a highly distinguished tuning box firm to get the boxes more up to date and tunable

Just a panel filter and make the intake a little better but no other engine mods as of yet if the remapping testing goes well then my exhaust system will get finished ... I have been working my own car and that with my remapping stuff as well as with a highly distinguished tuning box firm to get the boxes more up to date and tunable

K&N Filter or a better non-oiled performance filter?

Not tempted for a cone filter?

Are Auris easy to tune?

Does your s have VVT or VVTi - sorry so many newbie questions!

Pipercross I think , had it for a couple of years now no not interested in cone suffer with heatsoak and actually cost you BHP (DYNO tested) just run premium fuel as well

Pipercross I think , had it for a couple of years now no not interested in cone suffer with heatsoak and actually cost you BHP (DYNO tested) just run premium fuel as well

cool

I used to have a BMC CDS shielded cone filter - awesome (and much less heatsoak) - but better coldfeed would have been ideal too :thumbsup:

Also mine is a 2.0 diesel

i see.....u thinking of increasing the bhp or just to iron out the flat spots (been looking at this on my previous car, but never went through with it).....

I am looking at cold feed options now just seeing which does the best job and the best mounting points for the actual intake point

The tuning box does remove the flat spots but a remap is better than a box regardless of how good it is... As long as the map is good

Good start I'd say. You will really enjoy lack of brake dust with that setup.

But the red stripe needs to be removed immediately from rims :D IMHO. And LEDs changed to less blue ones if they are that blue in real life aswell.

Front lights look cool, nice colour choice.

Ye I've ran that brake setup for a well over a year and have advised most I see asking on here to go that way .... that red strip is the best mod on the car ... Them rim protectors are unbelievably awesome I like the red and also I can show customers better ... the lights aren't that blue everything is 6k on it it's just the way the light was .... I need to get a new custom exhaust made as I didn't like the last one .... The fogs will be tinted soon as goona stick my spare hid in them and then tint the lenses

Egr blank modelled with my wife's finger tips

post-130759-144584231217_thumb.jpg

Lol

What's the benefits?

Nice finger model..... Lol.....

Are you blanking of this....... Is it as easy as just that. Fitting said blanking plate.... Or do you need to update ECU to tell it it is blanked off.....

Do you still leave the wiring plugged into the EGR valve?

And like previous post, apart from stopping gasses flowing and clogging up EGR valve, what are the other benefits.... Increase in mpg or performance?

Sorry for all the questions, but if it is indeed just a case of a blanking plate, then I may do the same... Regards....

post-64213-144585075195_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the slow reply but was driving.

Ok so it is easy to do it goes where the egr inlet pipe meets the engine itself little bit fiddly but it's gasket blank then pipe back on ... I've only run it on the 2.0. It's been an about 1000 miles and no eml no issues clean sailing ( so far ) I get the plates made up for me as part of my business.

I've not mapped the egr out as most mapping firms are still finding their feet with the map of it and only very few mapping systems can actually get in to the ecu.

I am working on whether the egr can be mapped out or not an update will come when we finalize our safe mapping levels.

Obviously main benefit is that there is no exhaust crap going back into intake manifold so cleaner air in ....

On tonight's long run my mpg was up by 2 mpg than normal but was first cold weather run so may have been even higher going off summers long haul drives to gauge that figure but certainly on the rise ... The throttle does seem a little sharper, and less smoke oddly.

Sorry for the slow reply but was driving.

Ok so it is easy to do it goes where the egr inlet pipe meets the engine itself little bit fiddly but it's gasket blank then pipe back on ... I've only run it on the 2.0. It's been an about 1000 miles and no eml no issues clean sailing ( so far ) I get the plates made up for me as part of my business.

I've not mapped the egr out as most mapping firms are still finding their feet with the map of it and only very few mapping systems can actually get in to the ecu.

I am working on whether the egr can be mapped out or not an update will come when we finalize our safe mapping levels.

Obviously main benefit is that there is no exhaust crap going back into intake manifold so cleaner air in ....

On tonight's long run my mpg was up by 2 mpg than normal but was first cold weather run so may have been even higher going off summers long haul drives to gauge that figure but certainly on the rise ... The throttle does seem a little sharper, and less smoke oddly.

Thanks for the reply. Seems all to easy... That's my worry.... I mean you've put a plate in the path of the flowing gasses... Not actually stopped or diverted the gas flow. So eventually you'll get build up of gas and crap at the plate.... No!

Sorry if I'm not understanding how this EGR valve gas flow works...

It's blocked before the egr out the way of any sensors so the pipe feed might block but that's it the rest will burn off out the exhaust I've also got a 2.0 diesel jag I've done the same thing with that ran nearly 80k miles no issue ... The beauty of it is is that it's easy ....

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links