Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rain In Front Passenger Footwell

Ben S

my '58' Aygo Blue fills its front passenger footwell with water every time it rains.

The seal shows damp on the metalwork inside it, in just a small section near the front bottom of the door when you open it, but it looks undamaged (although there's a veritable bucket of water in the footwell).

Does this mean I've got to trek to the nearest agent and spend a fortune on a new seal?

Are the carpets likely to dry out, or will they need replacing?

I love the Aygo, but my wife doesn't like being driven around with her feet in a pond...

if you feel the leak is from around the door seal get some talc and put some on the door seal ,you could also

put some talc on the top of the door sill under the carpet,if water is leaking the talc will be washed away

is the water clear in colour ??? as it could be antifreeze ,washer water or rain water i.e. pink,blue or clear in colour.

since the leak seems to be pretty bad maybe think about removing the carpets so you can dry the carpet out

ready for when the leak has been repaired.

behind the door panel there is a waterproof membrane make sure this doesn't have any rips / tears in it

or just come loose ,if it has just come off then use some silicon to stick it back on,if its damaged then get

a heavy duty rubble bag and adhere this to the door panel use the original as a template.

thanks eygo

that's really helpful. I'll try to work through it, but as I'm a bit anno domini and have only one (useful) hand, I might struggle...

Tell me how to check the w'proof membrane behind the door panel if you have a mo...

best

Ben

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links